Author Topic: Ted Cruz Slams Tennessee Law Honoring Confederate General, KKK Grand Wizard Nathan Bedford Forest  (Read 3655 times)

Offline roamer_1

Cruz is slowly shifting to my untrusted list... What did he have to gain by spitting at someone that the South likes? Most Southerns don't know Nathan's full history and don't care about could-ofs and should-ofs... Sorry, but in my book this was a bonehead move... No Cruz worship here...

Yep. I am really getting there too.

Offline The_Reader_David

You don't need to be "woke" to think Nathan Bedford Forrest was a worm.

No you don't, but you have to either be unfamiliar with his later life, when he opposed KKK violence, was regarded as a benefactor by freed slaves, and was vilified by white racists for his views on black advancement, or have the "woke" attitude that repentance is impossible and having once held and acted on wrong views on race makes one forever a "worm" a you put it.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cruz is slowly shifting to my untrusted list... What did he have to gain by spitting at someone that the South likes? Most Southerns don't know Nathan's full history and don't care about could-ofs and should-ofs... Sorry, but in my book this was a bonehead move... No Cruz worship here...

He's pandering, plain and simple.  Another one bites the dust.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

How do you feel about the traitorous USA?

What is so traitorous about the USA??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

You are in dire need of a history lesson from about 1760-1865.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Fascinating, how any thread with the words "Cruz" in the title garners more interest than a cure for cancer around here.

You guyz are a laugh a minute.   happy77 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Fascinating, how any thread with the words "Cruz" in the title garners more interest than a cure for cancer around here.

You guyz are a laugh a minute.   happy77

@DCPatriot

He is this sites favorite Usual Suspect RINO. Seems to be lots of people here from Texas.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I ould have been impressed, had Sen. Cruz stated that we needed to stop re-writing history, stop taking down statues, etc.

My ancestors were mainly opposed to slavery. But in 2019 it pains me to see us tearing ourselves apart, pulling down statues, etc.

Our history is our history. If we cannot honor it and remember it, we are less of a people.

When California was a colony of Spain, Catholic priest Fr. Junipero Serra built a string of missions.

Many of the building still remain standing.

These days it is expected to apply current norms, and claim he held natives capttive and used them as slave labor to construct missions, and to till the soils of the adjacent farms.

There are many buildings, paintings, streeets and highways, statues named for him.

So what do we now do? Tear down these beautiful buildings, rip out the highways?

I think we are n the midst of widespread Cloward Piven, movement. At the borders, and in the interior.

Flood the system with problems, criticisms, chaos and anarchy.

Rome and Greece are not destroying their histories.

Only the Taliban destroys history.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

They had an existing form of governance, decided to break with it, and formed their own just for themselves.  Just like the CSA.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

Okay.....

Here is my take on it.  NBF is a polarizing figure in confederate lore, an outstanding general, and yes......  one of the progenitors of the KKK.

I have no problem with what Cruz is saying.....   HOWEVER......   

Tennessee...   How about instead of honoring NBF, why don't you (1) enact legislation protecting the graves and statues of confedrate soldiers against vandalism, and vile SJW monument removal tactics

....and (2) Change NBF Day to Confederate Soldiers Day, honoring the young men (90% which did not own slaves) for their bravery and valor during the WBTS

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:amen:

@libertybelle

NBF was a southern hero,and widely admired by both black and white southerners of his time. He created the KKK NOT to cause harm to blacks,but as a counter to the rape of the locals brought about by the carpet baggers,who came south to steal everything in sight,and mostly did just that.

One of their favorite tactics was to appoint relatives as judges,sheriffs,and tax collectors,and declare all back taxes to be due immediately. Which was impossible for most because they had been away fighting the war,not farming and making money. The sheriff's also liked to do things like follow the law by tacking the tax sales notices on the door of the courthouse after dark,and then selling to the highest (and usually only) bidder at sunrise for just a few dollars. That bidder was usually related to the sheriff and the judge,and most of the time they turned around and put it up for sale at market value or higher,and sold it to fellow yankee carpet baggers.

None of the former Confederate soldiers returning home had any money at all because they hadn't been paid in months,and some hadn't farmed their farms or ran their family businesses for years.

Some of these former Confederate soldiers were free men who put on the gray uniform and fought for the south. There is at least one graveyard near Norfolk,Va,but last I read it was severely neglected because no city official wanted to get caught spending city money on a Confederate graveyard. Probably none wanted to spend money on a black Confederate graveyard after the War of Norther Aggression  because they were all yankees,and two or more generations later,their offsprung were running things and considered to be locals.

Plus,it was impolite to mention things like "free blacks" and "black Confederate soldiers". Just didn't fit with what was being taught in the schools.

Anyhow,NBF is and has always been demonized because the north HAD to defend their propaganda about how all blacks were slaves and all white southerners were monsters,or how could they justify the war they started,or charming incidents like burning Atlanta?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Ted Cruz Slams Tennessee Law Honoring Confederate General, KKK Grand Wizard Nathan Bedford Forest..."

Keep talkin' like this, Ted, and you WILL lose to Beto the next time 'round.

(and yes, folks, there IS going to be "a next time 'round!")

Offline Hoodat

Okay.....

Here is my take on it.  NBF is a polarizing figure in confederate lore, an outstanding general, and yes......  one of the progenitors of the KKK.

I have no problem with what Cruz is saying.....   HOWEVER......   

Tennessee...   How about instead of honoring NBF, why don't you (1) enact legislation protecting the graves and statues of confedrate soldiers against vandalism, and vile SJW monument removal tactics

....and (2) Change NBF Day to Confederate Soldiers Day, honoring the young men (90% which did not own slaves) for their bravery and valor during the WBTS

Agree.  btw, this Tennessee law was enacted by a Democrat Legislature and signed by Democrat Governor Buford Ellington.  And this was done five years AFTER the 1964 Civil Rights bill was passed.  Republicans need to drive home this message and show that Democrats have always been the party of racism in America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

You don't need to be "woke" to think Nathan Bedford Forrest was a worm.
A worm?  Do you know anything about his history during the War Between the States?

To the people of Tennessee, he was no worm, as he was as popular in his time as another legendary son, Davy Crockett.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:51:15 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

This Texan is forever Grateful to a few Tennesseans that made the ultimate sacrifice for TEXAS, Kentucky and West 'by G_d' Virginia, too.  The Republic of Texas would have been delayed a couple of years and probably not happened at all, being directly absorbed into the 'impatient' USA, if not for their Courage and Honor of those brave.
   Texas Republic with it's own Constitution.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

This Texan is forever Grateful to a few Tennesseans that made the ultimate sacrifice for TEXAS, Kentucky and West 'by G_d' Virginia, too.  The Republic of Texas would have been delayed a couple of years and probably not happened at all, being directly absorbed into the 'impatient' USA, if not for their Courage and Honor of those brave.

If The Republic of Texas was delayed a couple of years it still would have existed a couple decades before WV.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online corbe

If The Republic of Texas was delayed a couple of years it still would have existed a couple decades before WV.

I knew that when I typed it @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer I also knew someone would probably call me on it.  I've met and know people from the West of Virginia and they were always kindred Spirits closer to my G_d than me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

Less than 50 years after the end of WWII, the partitioning of Germany ended.  Over 150 years after the War of Secession, and Virginia remains divided.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Y'all are jealous of his stubbly beard.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Hear, hear.

I wish to specifically exclude one Tennessean from praise,  though.  Algore
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hear, hear.

I wish to specifically exclude one Tennessean from praise,  though.  Algore

:yowsa:

Owl Gore didn't fall far from the tree at all!  His father, Albert Gore Sr. was the guy Armand Hammer pointed to and then to his back pocket.  Armand's father Julius was the holder of membership card #0000001 in The Communist Party of the United States.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Technically, Algore is not from Tennessee.  He was born elsewhere.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-