Author Topic: Trump, the Master Troll, creates problems for Pelosi by supporting her  (Read 322 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump, the Master Troll, creates problems for Pelosi by supporting her
American Thinker, Jul 13, 2019, Thomas Lifson

For a guy who is purportedly stupid and lacking in nuance, President Trump yesterday masterfully trolled Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Party while superficially supporting her.  In just a few sentences, speaking to reporters prior to boarding Marine One, he took the high road, affirming that Nancy Pelosi is not a racist, gaining points as a healer.  But at the same time, he aggravated existing tensions in the opposition party and pushed the ranks of Democrats into a circular firing squad formation, where their anger can be directed against each other.  All in less than a minute and a half:

REPORTER: "What do you make of the infighting going on among Democrats in Congress, Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?"

TRUMP: "I think Cortez, who kept Amazon out of New York, and they don't like her for that, thousands and thousands of jobs, I think Cortez is being very disrespectful to somebody who has been there a long time.

I deal with Nancy Pelosi a lot, and we go back and forth and it's fine. But I think that a group of people is being very disrespectful to her. And you know what? I don't think that Nancy can let that go on.

A group of people that — I don't know where they came from. I am looking at this Omar from Minnesota. If one half of the things that they are saying about her are true, she shouldn't even be in office.

But Cortez should treat Nancy Pelosi with respect. She should not be doing what she's doing. And I'll tell you something about Nancy Pelosi that you know better than I do. She is not a racist, okay? She is not a racist. For them to call her a racist is a disgrace." 

Trump expertly turns Ocasio-Cortez's demand for respect against her.  But that is just the prelude to his sophisticated troll of the speaker.  By defending Nancy Pelosi, President Trump has — in the minds of Ocasio-Cortez and her allies — created an alliance between Nancy Pelosi and himself.  Ace of Spades explains the twisted logic:   [...]

Now, what does Pelosi do? 

Read more:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/07/trump_the_master_troll_creates_problems_for_pelosi_by_supporting_her.html

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This is the Trump we need to see more of.    With a scalpel rather than a bludgeon.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
So Trump says Pelosi can't let it go on. If she does let it go on, it makes her look even weaker; if she clamps down on them, Trump can pat her on the back for taking his advice, and that will rile up the wackos even more. Sounds like a win-win to me.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I like the Master Troll title even more than Stable Genius.