Author Topic: Democratic lawmaker unloads on Ocasio-Cortez, chief of staff for 'using the race card'  (Read 244 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic lawmaker unloads on Ocasio-Cortez, chief of staff for 'using the race card'
By Jonathan Easley - 07/11/19 03:21 PM EDT

Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) unloaded on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday for "using the race card” after Ocasio-Cortez accused Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) of being racially insensitive.

Clay, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, fumed at Ocasio-Cortez and the group of progressive lawmakers that includes Reps. Rashida Tlaib (Mich.), Ilhan Omar (Minn.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.).

“What a weak argument, because you can’t get your way and because you’re getting pushback you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable. That’s unbelievable to me,” Clay said. “I could care less. I could really care less. I agree with the Speaker. Four people, four votes out of 240 people, who cares.”

In an interview with The Washington Post on Wednesday, Ocasio-Cortez accused Pelosi of singling out newly elected women of color.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/452671-democratic-lawmaker-unloads-on-ocasio-cortez-chief-of-staff-for-using-the-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Democratic lawmaker unloads on Ocasio-Cortez, chief of staff for 'using the race card'
By Jonathan Easley - 07/11/19 03:21 PM EDT

Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) unloaded on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday for "using the race card” after Ocasio-Cortez accused Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) of being racially insensitive.

Clay, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, fumed at Ocasio-Cortez and the group of progressive lawmakers that includes Reps. Rashida Tlaib (Mich.), Ilhan Omar (Minn.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.).

“What a weak argument, because you can’t get your way and because you’re getting pushback you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable. That’s unbelievable to me,” Clay said. “I could care less. I could really care less. I agree with the Speaker. Four people, four votes out of 240 people, who cares.”

In an interview with The Washington Post on Wednesday, Ocasio-Cortez accused Pelosi of singling out newly elected women of color.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/452671-democratic-lawmaker-unloads-on-ocasio-cortez-chief-of-staff-for-using-the-race

Well, mr. congressional black caucus, if they’re playing the race card because they aren’t getting their way, you have nobody but yourself, and those of your political ilk, to blame.  They learned it from you.