Author Topic: Mulvaney Presses Trump to Dump Acosta amid Mounting Outrage  (Read 591 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Mulvaney Presses Trump to Dump Acosta amid Mounting Outrage

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/09/mulvaney-trump-dump-acosta-outrage-1404188

By ELIANA JOHNSON and BURGESS EVERETT, 07/09/2019 06:44 PM EDT, Updated 07/10/2019 01:00 AM EDT

Excerpt:

President Donald Trump and Senate Republicans are moving quickly to back up beleaguered Labor Secretary Alex Acosta. But pressure is rising from other corners of the White House, with acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney privately urging the president to dismiss him.

Mulvaney told Trump on Monday that the continuing drip of damaging information surrounding the 2008 agreement Acosta struck to keep billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein from a heavy jail sentence would hurt the administration, according to two people familiar with the conversation.

Mulvaney also may be seizing on an opportunity to try to depose a frequent antagonist who has frustrated some conservatives in the White House and business leaders on the outside.

Acosta critics, including Mulvaney, have argued that he has not been aggressive enough in stamping out Obama-era workplace regulations and employment discrimination lawsuits, and they are using the Epstein lawsuit to push him out the door.

Mulvaney on Tuesday acknowledged the tension with Acosta but said it was merely part of the job. “I push all of the Cabinet Secretaries on the deregulatory agenda, as it is a top priority of the President,” Mulvaney said in a statement. “That in no way should be interpreted as displeasure with any Cabinet member, including Secretary Acosta.”

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Mulvaney Presses Trump to Dump Acosta amid Mounting Outrage
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 02:39:15 pm »
I have mentioned this even before he was arrested again.  The deal he did with Epstein I believe was illegal.  It makes me cringe that Trump hired him.  There is nothing I hate more than pedophilia.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 02:44:00 pm »
I have mentioned this even before he was arrested again.  The deal he did with Epstein I believe was illegal.  It makes me cringe that Trump hired him.  There is nothing I hate more than pedophilia.

I haven't followed this as closely as I perhaps should have (just too many things to try and follow at present) so I'm not informed as to the deal that was made.   I do agree with you about pedophilia 100%
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 03:43:24 pm »
I haven't followed this as closely as I perhaps should have (just too many things to try and follow at present) so I'm not informed as to the deal that was made.   I do agree with you about pedophilia 100%

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/all-we-know-about-the-new-case-against-jeffrey-epstein.html

Epstein infamously avoided federal charges — and the potential lifetime sentence that could have come with them — a decade ago after he was accused of molesting dozens of underage girls at his mansion in Palm Beach, Florida. He was instead allowed to plead guilty to two counts of soliciting prostitution from a minor. Epstein was forced to register as a sex offender and sentenced to 18 months in prison, but he only served 13 months in all — and got to spend 12 hours a day at an office, six days a week, as part of his work-release privileges. In return, Epstein’s secret plea deal shielded him and four alleged accomplices from federal prosecution.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 03:46:44 pm »
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/all-we-know-about-the-new-case-against-jeffrey-epstein.html

Epstein infamously avoided federal charges — and the potential lifetime sentence that could have come with them — a decade ago after he was accused of molesting dozens of underage girls at his mansion in Palm Beach, Florida. He was instead allowed to plead guilty to two counts of soliciting prostitution from a minor. Epstein was forced to register as a sex offender and sentenced to 18 months in prison, but he only served 13 months in all — and got to spend 12 hours a day at an office, six days a week, as part of his work-release privileges. In return, Epstein’s secret plea deal shielded him and four alleged accomplices from federal prosecution.

Thanks!

If that is truly the case, and Acosta is responsible for it, he needs to go!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 03:50:47 pm »
Thanks!

If that is truly the case, and Acosta is responsible for it, he needs to go!

Indeed.  Yet another Trump pick that was a mistake.  Still waiting for the fallout from letting his son-in-law anywhere near the oval office.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 04:01:32 pm »
Indeed.  Yet another Trump pick that was a mistake.  Still waiting for the fallout from letting his son-in-law anywhere near the oval office.

Acosta had explained, breezily, apparently, that back in the day he’d had just one meeting on the Epstein case. He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” ...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-10/bombshell-alex-acosta-reportedly-claimed-jeffrey-epstein-belonged-intelligence

So who exactly told him (Acosta) this? Inquiring minds want to know.  Had to be someone that he believed. Someone very high in the food chain.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 04:53:07 pm »
Acosta critics, including Mulvaney, have argued that he has not been aggressive enough in stamping out Obama-era workplace regulations and employment discrimination lawsuits, and they are using the Epstein lawsuit to push him out the door.

“I can tell you that for two and a half years, he’s been just an excellent secretary of labor. He’s done a fantastic job,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

Well, someone is wrong.    :shrug:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 01:56:04 pm »

This phrase has not been heard from the White House for months: "I only hire the BEST!"
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 02:05:42 pm »
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-10/bombshell-alex-acosta-reportedly-claimed-jeffrey-epstein-belonged-intelligence

So who exactly told him (Acosta) this? Inquiring minds want to know.  Had to be someone that he believed. Someone very high in the food chain.

If Acosta’s deal was illegal then he needs to go now.

But it would be nice to see some of the splatter from the Epstein affair land on some media’s rat  favorites for a change. You just know there are plenty who’s pucker strings are drawn pretty tight right now.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 02:08:53 pm »
Acosta didn't do this.  This came from higher up and within the "intelligence community".  Acosta is the fall guy. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 02:30:52 pm »
Acosta didn't do this.  This came from higher up and within the "intelligence community".  Acosta is the fall guy.

I think that is entirely true. And HE knows who told him that Epstein was an intelligence asset.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 03:04:40 pm »

Agree.   Mulvaney needs to shut up and get his political bucket list under control.

Removing Acosta will simply clear the path to the next removal demanded by the media --- who truly are running this country.

BTW, Where the hell are the Senators who voted for him?  I'm more than a little weary of these "do overs" …. don't like the election result, work to remove the winner.  Don't like the outcome of an investigation?  Do it over until you get the ending you want.   What happened to saying:  "the man was vetted, questioned under oath for hours and was approved by the US Senate".  Don't like the instructions he carried out twenty years ago?  "Sorry, but that is now mute  --- he has been judged on his actions and cleared for the position he hold"  No laws were broken; no do over.

But let's by all means, keep our focus squarely on Acosta while the evil ones behind the curtain delete, erase, scrub and shred evidence.  Oh, and laugh their asses off at us.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:12:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »