Author Topic: McConnell's Democratic challenger McGrath backtracks on Kavanaugh comments  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell's Democratic challenger McGrath backtracks on Kavanaugh comments
By Rebecca Klar - 07/10/19 08:29 PM EDT

Amy McGrath, the Democrat who announced this week she's challenging Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), quickly switched her views on whether or not she would have voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

McGrath first said in an interview with a Kentucky newspaper published Wednesday she would have voted in favor of Kavanaugh's confirmation, but quickly reversed her stance in a tweet after facing backlash for her comments.

"I was asked earlier today about Judge Brett Kavanaugh and I answered based upon his qualifications to be on the Supreme Court. But upon further reflection and further understanding of his record, I would have voted no," McGrath tweeted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/452542-mcconnells-democratic-challenger-mcgrath-backtracks-on-kavanaugh-comments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

"I was asked earlier today about Judge Brett Kavanaugh and I answered based upon his qualifications to be on the Supreme Court. But upon further reflection and further understanding of his record, I would have voted no," McGrath tweeted.

That's real leadership, we can expect more of the same.  22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.