Author Topic: Oil Tanker Bombed Near Persian Gulf Is Shipping Fuel to Iran  (Read 303 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
(Bloomberg) -- An oil tanker damaged in a bombing that was blamed on Iran is back in business. The ship’s first destination: Iran.

The Andrea Victory is sailing in the northern Persian Gulf and signaling Iran’s Bandar Imam Khomeini as a destination, according to ship tracking data compiled by Bloomberg. The data show the vessel, which was attacked off the coast of the United Arab Emirates in May, is full and transporting fuel to Iran.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/oil-tanker-bombed-near-persian-080546136.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Oil Tanker Bombed Near Persian Gulf Is Shipping Fuel to Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 01:00:28 am »
The Andrea Victory, after repairs in Dubai’s Port Rashid, appears to have loaded fuel in a ship-to-ship transfer near Fujairah earlier this month, according to tanker tracking.

[snip]

U.S. sanctions prohibit trade in Iranian oil and refined products. Iran has in the past imported refined fuels to meet domestic demand, even as it expands its own refining capacity.

So, I suppose a good question is, to whom does the other ship providing the fuel transfer belong?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.