Author Topic: Amash not ruling out presidential run  (Read 980 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amash not ruling out presidential run
« on: July 07, 2019, 02:08:59 pm »
Amash not ruling out presidential run
By Rebecca Klar - 07/07/19 09:31 AM EDT

Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.), a vocal critic of President Trump who left the GOP last week, said Sunday he's not ruling out a presidential run.

Amash told Jake Taper on CNN's "State of the Union" he would consider running as an independent.

"I still wouldn't rule anything like that out, I believe I have to use my skills, my public influence, where it serves the country best. And I believe I have to defend the Constitution in whichever way that works best," Amash said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/451868-amash-not-ruling-out-presidential-run
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Amash not ruling out presidential run
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 02:12:40 pm »
Jump in Ahmish.  The water is fine.  Just a little fecal matter in the kiddie pool.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 02:14:05 pm »
:thud:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 02:16:08 pm »
Well, at least there'd be ONE principled candidate running.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 02:45:35 pm »
Well, at least there'd be ONE principled candidate running.......

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

You forgot the Sarcasm tag!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 03:21:56 pm »
I recall some folks here predicting this move, months ago.
Let it burn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 04:30:42 pm »
You may as well, Justie.  You're washed up as a Congressman. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 04:48:05 pm »
I guess Flake's too busy.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 04:54:54 pm »
You may as well, Justie.  You're washed up as a Congressman. :shrug:

Any of the third parties interested in having a China manufacturing profiteer at the helm?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 05:03:09 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

You forgot the Sarcasm tag!

Nope.

You may be in love with Trump, but to call him "principled" is what's silly.

btw, you're not going to drive me away from this place, Ghosty, so you might as well stop trying.  happy77

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 05:11:51 pm »
I guess Flake's too busy.

@Right_in_Virginia  I wonder what the dog-killer's Daddy is up to these days?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 05:54:37 pm »
Amash wanted five more minutes with the microphone, and CNN obliged.

Usual Suspect sect, much impressed.

Amash might try contacting fellow Arab Ralph Nader, to make a successful career,  of this 3rd Party Kook way of life.

As an Arab, maybe Justin knows where Aleppo is, at least.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 06:08:07 pm »
I recall some folks here predicting this move, months ago.

When a politician is hogging the microphone for days on end, you know there is some ulterior political motive.  Most likely, he or she is running for re-election or aspires to a higher office.  These guys and gals are just so predictable. 

Personally, I would like to see Mr. Amash run for president, but I think he would be foolish to do so in 2020.  We all know he will be ground to bits by Trump's smear machine.  He might have better success in 2024 when the Republican Party goes down the toilet. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 07:32:04 pm »
When a politician is hogging the microphone for days on end, you know there is some ulterior political motive.  Most likely, he or she is running for re-election or aspires to a higher office.  These guys and gals are just so predictable. 

Personally, I would like to see Mr. Amash run for president, but I think he would be foolish to do so in 2020.  We all know he will be ground to bits by Trump's smear machine.  He might have better success in 2024 when the Republican Party goes down the toilet.

I agree.

Wait until there’s absolutely nothing left of the formerly grand old party, and start a new one based on Constitutional principles.

Wait until this populist crap swirls the rest of the way down the drain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 08:28:21 pm »
Well I still have till elections to decide.  If Trump doesn't get off his butt and take care of business 3'rd party isn't out of the question.  He would have to stop tweeting and actually get something done about illegal immigration and rogue liberal judges.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 08:37:26 pm »
Well I still have till elections to decide.  If Trump doesn't get off his butt and take care of business 3'rd party isn't out of the question.  He would have to stop tweeting and actually get something done about illegal immigration and rogue liberal judges.

Yes, he should just snap his fingers, tap his ruby shoes together three times, and make those things magically happen.

He's doing all that's humanly possible to do both of those WITHOUT taking an action that would guarantee his defeat (and the GOP's) in the 2020 elections. He's not a dictator...he can't simply order people arrested and locked up...he can't act without reasonable political support...he has to be methodical, political and practical. You want him to take the kind of action, apparently, that would result in the complete loss of support from within the GOP. If he were to do so, he would be able to accomplish...quite literally...nothing.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 09:20:14 pm »
Yes, he should just snap his fingers, tap his ruby shoes together three times, and make those things magically happen.

He's doing all that's humanly possible to do both of those WITHOUT taking an action that would guarantee his defeat (and the GOP's) in the 2020 elections. He's not a dictator...he can't simply order people arrested and locked up...he can't act without reasonable political support...he has to be methodical, political and practical. You want him to take the kind of action, apparently, that would result in the complete loss of support from within the GOP. If he were to do so, he would be able to accomplish...quite literally...nothing.

Horse puckies.  Trump has had three years and the Republicans have had both houses of congress a bit longer to get things done on all of the promises they have made to the voters.  But all of them sat around with their thumbs up their backsides (or in Trump's case, on his mobile device sending idiotic tweets) instead of doing the jobs they were elected to do. Now that they have lost the house and may possibly lose the senate and perhaps the White House, all of them are suddenly making noises like they "might" do something, if only we stupid people vote for them again. 

No one, not even Trump, is blameless in the Republican Party's failures.  Trump supporters might parrot their hero and try to blame everyone else but Trump, but the rest of us who have not partaken of the Kool Aid know better.  Trump and the Republicans had their chance.  They squandered it.  And this voter is not going to be fooled again by more empty promises.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:34:56 am by Applewood »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 09:54:36 pm »
Dan Bongino
‏Verified account @dbongino
1h1 hour ago

Tragic that Amash believes he’s “defending the Constitution” by supporting police-state tyranny. He’s becoming a national punchline with his unhinged behavior.
179 replies 1,010 retweets 4,126 likes

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 09:55:54 pm »
Any of the third parties interested in having a China manufacturing profiteer at the helm?

Some years ago a friend told me that he felt a little guilty about owning some stocks in Chinese companies that were turning a nice profit.

I replied that those companies were going to make a nice profit no matter whose money was invested, and if it would help him sleep better I'd take the gains off his hands at no charge.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 12:42:29 am »
He would have to stop tweeting and actually get something done about illegal immigration and rogue liberal judges.

What, exactly, would you have the President "do" about rogue liberal judges @Chosen Daughter ?  Those of us who are fed up with these judges are waiting to hear your plan.

Thanks.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2019, 01:21:56 am »
"I still wouldn't rule anything like that out, I believe I have to use my skills, my public influence, where it serves the country best. And I believe I have to defend the Constitution in whichever way that works best," Amash said.

The only thing he could really hope to do is play spoiler. That would require credibility and realistic numbers. He’s quickly losing the former and will never generate the latter. He’s basically looking at being the Evan McMullen of 2020.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 03:13:53 am »
What, exactly, would you have the President "do" about rogue liberal judges @Chosen Daughter ?  Those of us who are fed up with these judges are waiting to hear your plan.

Thanks.

Rep. Chip Roy knows what he should do.  Go read that thread.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 03:25:49 am »

What @Applewood said.  And here's something just recently.  Stopping the deportations because Trump said DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan leaked.  Remember the uproar and it was all over the news and guess who still has a job?  McAleenan who denied doing it.  But even if he didn't the news reported that he didn't want the deportations.

If Trump wanted to truly do something about illegal immigration he would hire people who had the same vision to get the job done.  And not even our new Supreme Court Justices are on our side with illegal immigration.  Then we have the shutdown.  Yes that was a joke.  I knew people in the Coast Guard who were affected.  And what did we do?  Negotiated down to 1.3 million and gave in.  Then there were the spending bills which he promised not to sign.  And the one he signed allowing local government's to opt out of the wall.   And letting illegal immigrants sponsor more illegal immigrant children who should be sent home to their parents.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 02:27:15 pm »
Trump shut down the government and opened it with nothing.  He said he had a powerful plan for funding the border.  Then Feb 15 rolls around and he signs more spending without it.  Even signs for amnesty in a bill that gives border governments the right to opt out of wall.  He also signs to allow illegal immigrants to stay in the country if they sponsor children who came without parents.  It was a big amnesty signing.  And he kept promising and promising that he had the way.  But it hasn't been seen yet.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2019, 02:39:22 pm »
Trump shut down the government and opened it with nothing.  He said he had a powerful plan for funding the border.  Then Feb 15 rolls around and he signs more spending without it.  Even signs for amnesty in a bill that gives border governments the right to opt out of wall.  He also signs to allow illegal immigrants to stay in the country if they sponsor children who came without parents.  It was a big amnesty signing.  And he kept promising and promising that he had the way.  But it hasn't been seen yet.

Well, you know what they say: If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with bullsh*t.
4 more yeers. woo.