Author Topic: Biden says he chose South Carolina as place to apologize for segregationist remarks  (Read 365 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says he chose South Carolina as place to apologize for segregationist remarks
By Rebecca Klar - 07/07/19 04:56 PM EDT

Former Vice President Joe Biden said he specifically chose South Carolina as the spot to apologize over comments he made about working with segregationists in the Senate.

The Associated Press reports Biden said he wanted to choose "an audience that would in fact be most likely to have been offended" by the comments.

The top-tier 2020 candidate apologized Saturday while campaigning in Sumter, S.C.

“Everything they stood for offended me. They represented everything that I ran against.” Biden said in Sumter, S.C. “I do believe we have work to do, even with those who we find repugnant, to make our system of government to work for all of us. I believe then and I believe now, and I know it can be done without compromising on our principles.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/451911-biden-says-he-chose-south-carolina-as-place-to-apologize-for-segregationist
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Is Crazy Uncle Joe just digging deeper on this??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online corbe

Man you'd think the Blacks held 20~30% of the voting population the way the dems are pandering to them, do they perceive their base to be that weak?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It not longer matters what you say or where you say it, Slow Joe.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Black minister thanks Biden for ‘having the courage to apologize' over segregation comments
by Emily Larsen
 | July 07, 2019 04:20 PM

CHARLESTON, S.C. — An African Methodist Episcopal Church reverend thanked Joe Biden for apologizing for how he described his relationships with segregationist senators.

"We want to thank Vice President Biden for apologizing. We want to thank him for having the courage to apologize," Rev. Thomas Nesbitt said in a prayer during a Morris Brown AME Church service on Sunday as Biden sat in a second row pew. Nesbitt noted that "God gave Jesus an apologetics to us."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/black-minister-thanks-biden-for-having-the-courage-to-apologize-over-segregation-comments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Church pastor Rev. James A. Keeton Jr. also appeared to try to help smooth over the controversy over Biden's comment about segregationists during the service, introducing Biden as "somebody who understands the importance of working across the aisle" and "working with people who may not believe what you do."

Biden didn't work "across the aisle".  Talmadge, Eastland, Byrd, etc. were on his side of the aisle.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden didn't work "across the aisle".  Talmadge, Eastland, Byrd, etc. were on his side of the aisle.

This is a great point @Hoodat   It needs to be repeated loudly and often.