Author Topic: Biden apologizes for remarks about segregationist senators  (Read 446 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden apologizes for remarks about segregationist senators
« on: July 06, 2019, 08:28:31 pm »
Biden apologizes for remarks about segregationist senators
By Tal Axelrod - 07/06/19 04:14 PM EDT

Former Vice President Joe Biden apologized Saturday for his recent remarks about his ability to work with segregationists during his time as a Senator.

The remarks are his first mea culpa over the comments this campaign cycle.

The White House hopeful maintained he had done the right thing by working across the aisle with people whose views he found “repugnant,” but apologized if he gave the impression he was praising the senators.

“Everything they stood for offended me. They represented everything that I ran against.” Biden said in Sumter, S.C. “I do believe we have work to do, even with those who we find repugnant, to make our system of government to work for all of us. I believe then and I believe now, and I know it can be done without compromising on our principles.”

“Folks, now was I wrong a few weeks ago to somehow give the impression to people that I was praising those men who I successfully opposed time and again? Yes, I was. I regret it and I’m sorry for any of the pain or misconception I may have caused anybody.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/451841-biden-apologizes-for-remarks-about-segregationist-senators
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Biden apologizes for remarks about segregationist senators
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 08:57:56 pm »
Dear Lord. At this rate, with this apology and the daily gaffes, he'll be out too soon. I want him to stay in to watch the fun.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 09:01:50 pm »
Dear Lord. At this rate, with this apology and the daily gaffes, he'll be out too soon. I want him to stay in to watch the fun.

Yes, he's bottoming out more quickly than I would have thought.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 09:21:09 pm »
Yes, he's bottoming out more quickly than I would have thought.

Scott Adams supposedly told Trump last August when they met in the Oval Office, to expect Harris as the opponent.

Yet again Adams' predictive skill is proving to be very good, as of this point.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 01:22:51 am »
Survey Says? 

Apologize for Segregationist Senators Remarks

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 02:14:53 am »
Biden is beautiful. He really is an OLD THROWBACK from the last century. He is classic DEMOCRAT. Racist, segregationist, good ol' boy, KKK, and he can't help it. It is so much a part of him, he can't even fake not being what he is.

If the Democrat Power Structure has decided that Biden is their path to the future, it's his turn at bat...then I just don't know what to say.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 02:16:42 am »
The White House hopeful maintained he had done the right thing by working across the aisle with people whose views he found “repugnant,” but apologized if he gave the impression he was praising the senators.

Uh, no.  You didn't reach across the aisle.  These "repugnant" segregationists were in your party.  You even voted to elect a former Klucker as your majority leader.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-