Author Topic: Nike Nixes ‘Betsy Ross Flag’ Sneaker After Colin Kaepernick Intervenes  (Read 2566 times)

Online roamer_1

Nope...I don't think so either. But they are real purty.  happy77

@berdie
You can't be talking about MY sh*tkickers...
Every woman around me won't let em in the house.
They have to stay out on the porch with the dog.
And sometimes I do too.

Offline Hoodat

Arizona Gov Makes Major Announcement After Nike Pulls American Flag Shoe At Colin Kaepernick's Behest

By Amanda Prestigiacomo     |     July 2, 2019

On Tuesday, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, a Republican, announced that the state would be withdrawing financial incentives promised to Nike over the company dropping an American flag-style shoe, reportedly at the behest of former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

"The Betsy Ross Flag" edition shoe was kicked to the curb by the athletic gear giant after Kaepernick complained about the new sneakers, allegedly calling them “offensive.” The former QB, who famously took a knee during the playing of the national anthem before NFL games, claiming to protest police brutality and racial injustices, signed a multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with Nike last year.

“Words cannot express my disappointment at this terrible decision. I am embarrassed for Nike,” Gov. Ducey posted in a string of tweets on Tuesday morning. “Nike is an iconic American brand and American company. This country, our system of government and free enterprise have allowed them to prosper and flourish.”

~snip~

“Nike has made its decision, and now we’re making ours,” announced Ducey. "I’ve ordered the Arizona Commerce Authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars under their discretion that the State was providing for the company to locate here. Arizona’s economy is doing just fine without Nike. We don’t need to suck up to companies that consciously denigrate our nation’s history.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49076/arizona-gov-makes-major-announcement-after-nike-amanda-prestigiacomo
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's interesting, in former days, putting a flag on a shoe would have almost been disrespectful... but times have changed. A former member of the air force has designed an American flag sneaker. So, that may be available.

Screw Nike, I mean, they are the company started by Browderman (?) and Prefontaine was part of the scenario back then. What a great heritage to throw this away. Idiotic.

Online mountaineer

Screw Nike, I mean, they are the company started by Browderman (?) and Prefontaine was part of the scenario back then. What a great heritage to throw this away. Idiotic.
Former U. of Oregon runner Phil Knight founded the company, with help from Bill Bowerman, longtime UO coach, who invented the "waffle" sole on his wife's waffle iron. Knight is a certified loon.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Former U. of Oregon runner Phil Knight founded the company, with help from Bill Bowerman, longtime UO coach, who invented the "waffle" sole on his wife's waffle iron. Knight is a certified loon.

Maybe his wife brained him for ruining her waffle iron?  I know I'd get smacked pretty hard if I did that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Maybe his wife brained him for ruining her waffle iron?  I know I'd get smacked pretty hard if I did that.
You'd think so. What woman would want melted burnt rubber all over her kitchen appliances? Eww.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You'd think so. What woman would want melted burnt rubber all over her kitchen appliances? Eww.

Yeah, if it's not Teflon it's toast.   22222frying pan
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Ken Jones   @sxdoc

.@Nike recalls ABOLITIONIST Betsy Ross sneakers for 4th of July. Nike Has 500 Facilities, 5 In USA, With 1 Million SLAVE Laborers In Overseas Sweatshops. Only 6K US.  Virtually all it’s shoes made overseas in China, Indonesia, Vietnam. #FactsMatter #PatriotsAwakened
11:41 AM - 4 Jul 2019