Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick Nike Stocks $urging ... Following Betsy Ross Controversy  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
this is typical media BS. They said the same thing about Dicks, and other establishments that kowtow to the left. Just wait a quarter or two.
JC Penney's comes to mind (two mommies ads), although I understand they have recovered somewhat.

Rosie O'guncontrol didn't help K-Mart (at the time the nation's largest retailer of firearms), in fact that was the beginning of the end.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

JC Penney's comes to mind (two mommies ads), although I understand they have recovered somewhat.

Rosie O'guncontrol didn't help K-Mart (at the time the nation's largest retailer of firearms), in fact that was the beginning of the end.

JC Penny's had over a century of customer goodwill to fall back on.

Its a pattern - the leftwing media tries to reward any company that tows their ideological line with good press. Pretty transparent.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'd be cautious about making the causal links there. 

Penney's problem was in full evidence before the two-mommy thing.  The decision to break the stores into "boutiques" did huge damage to the shopping experience.  A busy shopper popping in to buy a bra or panties found they had to browse the whole store to be able to see more than one brand.  Those items were spread all over the store..bras here, there and over yonder instead of all in one rack.

K-Mart was in the dump before Sears Holding took over, and K-Mart was then no longer a "flagship" store like Sears.  The stores fell into disrepair from lack of maintenance budget, and were sold off if they were within 10 miles of a Sears (which is also failing due to no political fault at all).

Then there's the overall failure of shopping malls because of crime.  That hit all three pretty hard.

We're fooling ourselves if we believe conservative boycotts cased the failures
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Like the "Rainman" said

" Penny's sucks"!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Penney's problem was in full evidence before the two-mommy thing.  The decision to break the stores into "boutiques" did huge damage to the shopping experience.  A busy shopper popping in to buy a bra or panties found they had to browse the whole store to be able to see more than one brand.  Those items were spread all over the store..bras here, there and over yonder instead of all in one rack.

K-Mart was in the dump before Sears Holding took over, and K-Mart was then no longer a "flagship" store like Sears.  The stores fell into disrepair from lack of maintenance budget, and were sold off if they were within 10 miles of a Sears (which is also failing due to no political fault at all).

Then there's the overall failure of shopping malls because of crime.  That hit all three pretty hard.

My good friend's wife retired from Pennys after that nutcase ran the brand into the ground.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well, would you say the same thing about say, Target or Dicks?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, would you say the same thing about say, Target or Dicks?

No, because Target and Dick's are still going concerns.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

@Cyber Liberty please never use those two  words together in the same sentence ever again.  thank you.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty please never use those two  words together in the same sentence ever again.  thank you.

That was rather insensitive of me....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

When Tom Selleck went on Rosie's O'Donnel's show to promote his new movie, she went aboard him with a firebrand over his making a pro gun ad for the NRA. He never even got  to mention the new movie during her anti gun, anti RKBA tirade which consumed the whole spot Selleck appeared in in her show. Seriously offended, a grassroots groundswell of gun owners basically told K-Mart (for whom she was a designated spokesperson)  "Either she goes or we do".
She didn't and a lot of gun owners voted with their feet, me included.
Prior to that, K Mart was the nation's single largest volume gun dealer, and did a rollicking business in sporting goods.
After that, not only did their firearm sales drop hard, people who had gone there who had an alternative, usually WalMart, went elsewhere for other things, too. So, Mom and the kids didn't shop while Dad was looking over the 'guy stuff', at least not at K Mart.

That was long before Sears and K Mart got together (we still had a K Mart here), back when Clinton was Potus. Martha Stewart's Housewares line probably didn't help, either, while the stuff was of reasonable quality, the color palette left much to be desired, all before she went to the hoosegow.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:06:51 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

I would say failing, not going.  And funny you used the word 'concerns' instead of something like 'enterprises.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I would say failing, not going.  And funny you used the word 'concerns' instead of something like 'enterprises.
"Going concern" is a standard business term for any company that isn't expected to collapse in the immediate future.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
George Soros, is that you?

@jmyrlefuller

Yup,him and other globalist investors.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

"Going concern" is a standard business term for any company that isn't expected to collapse in the immediate future.
But that term in not nearly as sound as "Ongoing Enterprise" is it?