Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick Nike Stocks $urging ... Following Betsy Ross Controversy  (Read 2043 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Colin Kaepernick Nike Stocks $urging ... Following Betsy Ross Controversy

7/5/2019 11:44 AM PT

The heat Nike is taking over the controversy surrounding Colin Kaepernick and the Betsy Ross Flag Shoe is having another effect ... enhancing the brand's appeal to investors.

Nike shares are surging in the wake of the company's decision to recall its special Betsy Ross Flag Air Max 1 USA sneakers after Kaepernick complained the 13-star flag design was offensive because it's been co-opted by several white nationalist groups.

more
https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/05/nike-stocks-surge-following-colin-kaepernick-betsy-ross-flag-shoe-controversy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
George Soros, is that you?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline rustynail

So  Colin Kaepernick does things to manipulate Nike's stock price?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So  Colin Kaepernick does things to manipulate Nike's stock price?

Martha Stewart would agree that's illegal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Hmmm, up 0.73% today....  really $urging!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Hope springs eternal at TMZ!

Offline EdJames

They must believe that "investors" are looking for companies with good SJW sensibilities in the board room....

:thud:

Offline verga

What ever happened to "Get woke, go Broke'?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LottieDah

0.73% more America hating idiots in Kapernick's corner.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 Trading that occurs on a Friday following a major holiday isn't much of a thing to hang one's hat on.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

What ever happened to "Get woke, go Broke'?

Dead cat bounce. Just wait... See how they look by the end of the month... and a quarter from now.

Offline Hoodat

Kaepernick complained the 13-star flag design was offensive because it's been co-opted by several white nationalist groups.

Not to mention the Baraq Obama Inauguration committee.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

@EdJames

It should be plummeting for all their anti-Americanism. Makes me wonder if America is over.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline EdJames

@EdJames

It should be plummeting for all their anti-Americanism. Makes me wonder if America is over.

As someone noted above, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was pumping it up artificially to make a point....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
As someone noted above, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was pumping it up artificially to make a point....

Maybe so! Good observation.

It could be one of those cases that "any publicity is good publicity", they are in the public eye as far as that goes.

Shoe, sports clothing companies,  I can go addidas, underarmour, all kinds of things. I will never buy nike... I've got a handful of their products.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 06:24:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline NavyCanDo

Saw two Saturday morning new stories on it. Here are the narratives.

Story 1.  They said, "for whatever reason" Colin Kaepernick asked that NIKE pull the shoes, (not stating that the reason is he thoughg it was a sysmble of racist America), and that followed them claiming the Betsy Ross Flag was a myth, and though she may have sewed a Flag, it was unlikely a flag with the stars in a circle. Trying to downplay his objection. And divert the storyline.

Story 2. Little mention of Kaepernick at all, and focused  instead on the appropriate use of a flag, and the  flag code stating not on clothing. This very stations anchor wore a American Flag tie 2 days earlier, as did many of the revelers at the 4th of July celebration they televised. Again a diversion from the main story.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
I've got a handful of their products.

@TomSea

Burn them. Upload the video.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Pump....and dump.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

The 4th of July is the first great fact in your nation's history — the very ring-bolt in the chain of your yet undeveloped destiny. Pride and patriotism, not less than gratitude, prompt you to celebrate and to hold it in perpetual remembrance. I have said that the Declaration of Independence is the ring-bolt to the chain of your nation's destiny; so, indeed, I regard it. The principles contained in that instrument are saving principles. Stand by those principles, be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost.

-Frederick Douglass-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Pump....and dump.

Ooops!  For a second there I thought this wasn't about stocks....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Hope springs eternal at TMZ!
this is typical media BS. They said the same thing about Dicks, and other establishments that kowtow to the left. Just wait a quarter or two.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Colin Kaepernick Nike Stocks $urging ... Following Betsy Ross Controversy

7/5/2019 11:44 AM PT

The heat Nike is taking over the controversy surrounding Colin Kaepernick and the Betsy Ross Flag Shoe is having another effect ... enhancing the brand's appeal to investors.

Nike shares are surging in the wake of the company's decision to recall its special Betsy Ross Flag Air Max 1 USA sneakers after Kaepernick complained the 13-star flag design was offensive because it's been co-opted by several white nationalist groups.

more
https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/05/nike-stocks-surge-following-colin-kaepernick-betsy-ross-flag-shoe-controversy/

TMZ analyzing stock movements?  Yeah that's the ticket ........ha ha ha ha ha.  :silly:

Hate to tell these dumbasses, but news that alienates "ANY" of your business base is not going to help the bottom line
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
TMZ analyzing stock movements?  Yeah that's the ticket ........ha ha ha ha ha.  :silly:

Hate to tell these dumbasses, but news that alienates "ANY" of your business base is not going to help the bottom line

Except maybe for the Hobby Lobby and Chik fli A cases. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

There is a manufacturing saying that fits this perfectly.  "A product stoled is a product sold."   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ooops!  For a second there I thought this wasn't about stocks....
Definitely a stock market reference.  That San Francisco stuff is for another thread.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis