Author Topic: Trump to sign executive order to lower drug prices  (Read 3016 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: Trump to sign executive order to lower drug prices
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2019, 10:37:34 pm »
Same here but we did not destroy other peoples property ever!

Sadly, I have to plea the 5th on that front...

888mouth

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2019, 10:38:07 pm »
It's a travesty what they are doing to school children these days.  If they had done that to me I would have been a doped up zombie before the age of 12.

Yes and that is because, once a child is 'diagnosed' (through school documentation not medical diagnosis)... parents can get money!  So rather than a parent spend time with a child to help him or her with their studies and work on discipline, the lazy parent(s) can blame it on some kind of disorder and get paid for it.

...If your child has been diagnosed with ADHD, or ADD, he or she can qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability benefits if the severity of the child's ADHD meets the Social Security Administration's childhood impairment listing for neurodevelopmental disorders....

www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-you-get-disability-benefits-your-child-has-adhd.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:39:04 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2019, 10:41:12 pm »
It's a travesty what they are doing to school children these days.  If they had done that to me I would have been a doped up zombie before the age of 12.
@Sanguine  @EdJames .

We moved around a lot when I was a kid. I was a doped up zombie at 13...self medicated...

One thing I did notice. The worst "crimes" were committed by kids from the "best" families.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2019, 10:43:46 pm »
@Sanguine  @EdJames .

We moved around a lot when I was a kid. I was a doped up zombie at 13...self medicated...

One thing I did notice. The worst "crimes" were committed by kids from the "best" families.

It never fails @bigheadfred.  At least not in the 70+ years I've been around making observations.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2019, 10:44:14 pm »
So true.  Too often instead of finding out what is causing the health issue, doctors quickly prescribe xyz pill, which causes a side effect and in turn must be treated with yet another prescription drug which causes yet another side effect, and it become a vicious cycle.  Big pharma benefits while the patient suffers.

You have that exactly right.

First I saw it as my parents and their contemporaries aged.

Then I began to see it as I and my contemporaries aged.

Personally had a couple of bad experiences with prescribed meds.  Saw almost all of my friends and family members stuck on the multiple prescriptions and weekly doctor visits bandwagons...  as we approached our late 50s and early 60s...  (And I am not talking about 2 or 3 meds, most guys I knew at the time were already at 10+ prescriptions daily.)

Then they passed the ACA.  (Only the blind couldn't see what was coming.)

At that point in my life I said that I am getting off of this train.  Never saw a doctor or had a prescription since.

Eat a healthy diet, get regular exercise, and take some supplements.

I don't plan on getting back on the train, ever.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2019, 10:45:22 pm »
Sadly, I have to plea the 5th on that front...

888mouth

LOL!  I wasn't nearly as afraid of the law as I was my WWII South Pacific Marine father!  He would have killed me dead!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2019, 10:50:46 pm »

Personally had a couple of bad experiences with prescribed meds.  Saw almost all of my friends and family members stuck on the multiple prescriptions and weekly doctor visits bandwagons...  as we approached our late 50s and early 60s...  (And I am not talking about 2 or 3 meds, most guys I knew at the time were already at 10+ prescriptions daily.)

At that point in my life I said that I am getting off of this train.  Never saw a doctor or had a prescription since.

I currently Take medications for a hereditary medical issue.  Nothing I else I can do but believe me I wish there was!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2019, 10:57:37 pm »
I currently Take medications for a hereditary medical issue.  Nothing I else I can do but believe me I wish there was!

Yeah. I take blood pressure meds just like everyone on my dad's side of the family. And Warfarin for clotting. The doc thinks that one will be permanent, too.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2019, 10:59:40 pm »
Like many old farts, getting up in the middle of the night and turn on the TV.

The targeted demographic for all advertising.

Copper infused back braces, walking canes that stand vertical alone, and prescription medication.

Good damned thing they mention all the side effects, for WTF would take them if "...fatal bleeding can occur", etc.?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2019, 11:23:16 pm »
Oh hell yeah!  I and my buddies lived a very fun and exciting childhood through high school.  The stunts and mischief that we pulled would have had us in prison in this day and age.  Things that we got punished a bit for when we got caught.  Certainly punishment that fit the "crime."  Nowadays we would be diagnosed as psychotic and/or sociopathic and drugged up from 3rd grade onward.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2019, 12:04:57 am »

You have to do what you have to do.... believe me, I consider it a blessing from God above that I am able to stay off of that train...

Offline EdJames

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2019, 05:45:24 am »
Like many old farts, getting up in the middle of the night and turn on the TV.

The targeted demographic for all advertising.

Copper infused back braces, walking canes that stand vertical alone, and prescription medication.

Good damned thing they mention all the side effects, for WTF would take them if "...fatal bleeding can occur", etc.?   :laugh:

exactly.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2019, 05:49:17 am »

That's how I am too. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2019, 05:52:10 am »

Some times it is necessary. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2019, 12:30:59 pm »

My favorites are the ads for antidepressants which say a patient could experience "suicidal thoughts or actions." 

Uh.. what good is a drug for depression that could make you suicidal?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2019, 12:36:42 pm »
My favorites are the ads for antidepressants which say a patient could experience "suicidal thoughts or actions." 

Uh.. what good is a drug for depression that could make you suicidal?   *****rollingeyes*****

Paradoxical reactions occur in many types of medications.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2019, 12:50:02 pm »
The current bad situation exists, due to Congress' inaaction in light of decades of concern.

Big Pharma and Big Med-Insurance lobbyists get good returns, on their contributions to YOUR Congrdd.

IOW like we have seen since Trump ran and won on issues needing Congress' attention, they simply don't get done.

Obamacare repeal-reform, Immigration to mention a couple.

Paul Ryan's job was to see that nothing got done.

BTW Ryan held the Speaker position by way of getting elected by his fellow Congress-critters.

Let the Pharma cos. charge more overseas.

The old blame game.

I don't give a s**t who is Speaker of the House. He should have gone through Congress.. Have you read the Constitution?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2019, 12:57:52 pm »
I've read it. Paradoxical reactions occur in many types...

Offline EdJames

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2019, 01:04:17 pm »
I've read it. Paradoxical reactions occur in many types...

888high58888

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2019, 01:12:46 pm »
If anyone cares to look the dems actually introduced sweeping reforms early this year. So it did go through congress. Except it didn't go through congress.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2019, 04:30:54 pm »
The Drugging of the American Boy

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a32858/drugging-of-the-american-boy-0414/?fbclid=IwAR3IRfywA-y_5NTMK5XnnDpoDwuTXzMMDFcSKkgLbM15ufhA65lIlwJSjW0

@EdJames @Sanguine @corbe @bigheadfred

I agree that this is a serious problem.  Been there, seen that and resisted that on a family level.  However, it is a long, long way from "western medicine bad" and "medical researchers don't want to cure diseases, they just want to screw you over".

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2019, 04:34:55 pm »
I agree that this is a serious problem.  Been there, seen that and resisted that on a family level.  However, it is a long, long way from "western medicine bad" and "medical researchers don't want to cure diseases, they just want to screw you over".

Not in my family but close.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames