Author Topic: Trump to sign executive order to lower drug prices  (Read 3023 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Trump to sign executive order to lower drug prices
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 05:50:16 pm »
Cadherin-22

They found that inhibiting it reduced the spread of brain and breast cancer cells. They said if they could find a way to destroy this protein mask the cure rate would increase. Even in the worst cases.

In a follow-up article I read they did find a way to stop the protein. And guess what? The person's own immune system would then kill the cancer.

Where did this go? Down some rabbit hole.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Applewood

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 05:54:57 pm »
@Fishrrman

Technically, it's illegal to buy prescription meds from other countries, but I get a diabetes med from Canada because my insurance won't pay for it and pharmacies here won't even sell it to me at full price.  I'm ok as long as some authority here doesn't open the package.  The company I buy from sends the drug in an unmarked package, so it doesn't raise suspicions. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 06:00:11 pm »
Cadherin-22

They found that inhibiting it reduced the spread of brain and breast cancer cells. They said if they could find a way to destroy this protein mask the cure rate would increase. Even in the worst cases.

In a follow-up article I read they did find a way to stop the protein. And guess what? The person's own immune system would then kill the cancer.

Where did this go? Down some rabbit hole.

But your immune system can't if you kill it with Chemo.  And I am not saying that people should not follow Dr. Recommendations.  I have known people who have gone through Chemo and are so far cancer free.  It is a personal choice and everyone must make their own choices.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 06:05:25 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 06:03:48 pm »

I hadn't heard that.  I just looked.  The cure rate has gone up but they are not saying there is a cure.  Its the same radiation chemotherapy.

That is correct; cancer is not "cured", but we've gotten very close.  Go look at the 5 year survival rates for the more common forms of cancer now and 20-30 years ago.  Massive progress.

And, remember, there is not one cause of cancer.  It appears to be an interaction of some kind of agent and the particular situation of the individual. 

It bugs me that people are so willing to say vicious things about those who devote their lives to fighting illness and accuse them of being only profit-driven.  That is a very sad misstatement of the actions and motives of those researchers.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 06:06:45 pm »

But your immune system can't if you kill it with Chemo.

They are not using Chemo. Whatever they were using pulled the protein mask off the cancer. So it wasn't like doing hard Chemo.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2019, 06:09:59 pm »
That is correct; cancer is not "cured", but we've gotten very close.  Go look at the 5 year survival rates for the more common forms of cancer now and 20-30 years ago.  Massive progress.

And, remember, there is not one cause of cancer.  It appears to be an interaction of some kind of agent and the particular situation of the individual. 

It bugs me that people are so willing to say vicious things about those who devote their lives to fighting illness and accuse them of being only profit-driven.  That is a very sad misstatement of the actions and motives of those researchers.

Well I hear you.  But it is also true that the medical community suppresses information about natural cures.  And people are getting cured naturally.   As I said in the above post it is a personal choice.  Because with cancer they always give a 5 year cure rate.  They never give any promises just the 5 year data.  And they never start with any treatment other than Chemo and or radiation.  For instance there is immune therapy but first you must get a port and have chemo pumped through it which kills your immune system.

I have known people who have gone through chemo and are cancer free so far.  I also have known people who have gone through chemo only to have the cancer keep spreading to other organs.  My own mother and it was a horrible death.  That is why I chose not to do chemo.

Why don't these researchers acknowledge natural cures?  There are people out there who are winning their fights with cancer naturaly. And there are scientific studies showing how these things inhibit the growth of the cancer.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 06:20:22 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2019, 06:13:38 pm »
They are not using Chemo. Whatever they were using pulled the protein mask off the cancer. So it wasn't like doing hard Chemo.

I was just saying that if you did chemo prior to this it would destroy the immune system.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2019, 06:19:32 pm »

I suspect that it isn't the actual researchers that are being questioned by most, but rather those that control the direction and results of their work.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2019, 06:27:29 pm »

I was just saying that if you did chemo prior to this it would destroy the immune system.

Sorry. I misunderstood. Even though I have been cured of Hep C, my immune system has not recovered. It most likely will not.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2019, 06:44:36 pm »
Sorry. I misunderstood. Even though I have been cured of Hep C, my immune system has not recovered. It most likely will not.

I know someone who went through that.  Sorry.  I wouldn't give up hope though there are many things which are immune boosting.

Here's a link that talks about post Hep C treatment.

https://www.lifebeyondhepatitisc.com/2018/06/15-steps-to-recovery-from-hepatitis-c-treatment/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 06:49:31 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2019, 07:38:28 pm »
Should have gone through Congress
The current bad situation exists, due to Congress' inaaction in light of decades of concern.

Big Pharma and Big Med-Insurance lobbyists get good returns, on their contributions to YOUR Congrdd.

IOW like we have seen since Trump ran and won on issues needing Congress' attention, they simply don't get done.

Obamacare repeal-reform, Immigration to mention a couple.

Paul Ryan's job was to see that nothing got done.

BTW Ryan held the Speaker position by way of getting elected by his fellow Congress-critters.

Let the Pharma cos. charge more overseas.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2019, 08:16:35 pm »
This is a prime example of be careful what you wish for. The reason other countries pay lower prices, is because their government is the sole entity purchasing. They set the maximum of what they pay and will not purchase certain drugs or treatment plans they do not consider to be cost-effective. IOW - you’re setting the stage for the Death Panels.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-u-s-pays-more-than-other-countries-for-drugs-1448939481
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2019, 08:59:56 pm »

Well I hear you.  But it is also true that the medical community suppresses information about natural cures.  And people are getting cured naturally.   As I said in the above post it is a personal choice.  Because with cancer they always give a 5 year cure rate.  They never give any promises just the 5 year data.  And they never start with any treatment other than Chemo and or radiation.  For instance there is immune therapy but first you must get a port and have chemo pumped through it which kills your immune system.

No, the medical community does not suppress information about "natural cures".  Many of our modern medicines, like quinine, aspirin and penicillin were developed directly from "natural" sources.  The reason "natural cures" are often discouraged is because they are either untested or when tested show no significant benefit.  The curcumin in tumeric does work; shark cartilage and apricot pits do not.

I have known people who have gone through chemo and are cancer free so far.  I also have known people who have gone through chemo only to have the cancer keep spreading to other organs.  My own mother and it was a horrible death.  That is why I chose not to do chemo.

That doesn't make sense.  In some circumstances, as you say, chemo works.  In others, it does not.  I'm sorry about your mother and I agree that dying of cancer can be horrible.

Why don't these researchers acknowledge natural cures?  There are people out there who are winning their fights with cancer naturaly. And there are scientific studies showing how these things inhibit the growth of the cancer.

Because it cannot be proven that whatever they are doing is what sent their cancer into remission.  Until some good, reproducible, double-blind studies have been conducted, it can't be proven that whatever they did had a positive effect on the cancer.  Wishing won't make it so.

And, I wish you all the luck possible with your fight.  I've had several so I have a pretty good idea of what you're going through.  Oh, and my immune system is fine.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2019, 09:16:16 pm »
The medical community practices the scientific method.

The folk medicine community sold alcohol, opium, heroin, cocaine into the 20th century.

One category that was deplatformed on Facebook: miracle cures and treatments.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2019, 09:50:45 pm »
No, the medical community does not suppress information about "natural cures".  Many of our modern medicines, like quinine, aspirin and penicillin were developed directly from "natural" sources.  The reason "natural cures" are often discouraged is because they are either untested or when tested show no significant benefit.  The curcumin in tumeric does work; shark cartilage and apricot pits do not.

That doesn't make sense.  In some circumstances, as you say, chemo works.  In others, it does not.  I'm sorry about your mother and I agree that dying of cancer can be horrible.

Because it cannot be proven that whatever they are doing is what sent their cancer into remission.  Until some good, reproducible, double-blind studies have been conducted, it can't be proven that whatever they did had a positive effect on the cancer.  Wishing won't make it so.

And, I wish you all the luck possible with your fight.  I've had several so I have a pretty good idea of what you're going through.  Oh, and my immune system is fine.

I use Apricot Kernels, curcumin and tumeric.  That is not all that I do, and a healthy lifestyle and diet is key.    But there is scientific studies to show that the AMYGDALIN contained in Apricot seeds is effective against tumors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VHaKHRy5tg

I am not going to argue the effectiveness of natural "cures" with you.  I have already fought that battle with friends and relatives who were very upset with me that I would dare to not do the chemo therapy.  There is no garrantee with either natural or standard chemo/radiation therapies.  Furthermore I believe that Nutrician is the key to many diseases.  Too bad that people always find pills the answer and don't take any responsibility for taking care of their health.  I think many could get off some meds if they made real life changes to their diets and lifestyles.

So, @Sanguine I also am sorry to hear of you Cancer struggles and pray for your health.  I have a very good friend who also has been through several and is doing well.  He also did the standard medical treatment of chemo.  I think he is a miracle just as I believe I am also.  However we beat the cancer it is a victory!  But I dont judge other people for their choice and hope that they don't judge me either.

Much appreciation for our exchange here.  I wish you the very best and pray for continued health for you.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:08:35 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2019, 09:53:10 pm »
Follow the money.

Ain't none in making people well.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2019, 10:09:08 pm »
Follow the money.

Ain't none in making people well.

That's exactly right.  Western "medicine" is focused on treating symptoms....  for as long as possible.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2019, 10:13:57 pm »
That's exactly right.  Western "medicine" is focused on treating symptoms....  for as long as possible.

And in some fields, creating them wherever possible.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2019, 10:20:57 pm »

Absolutely.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2019, 10:24:33 pm »
Absolutely.

It's a travesty what they are doing to school children these days.  If they had done that to me I would have been a doped up zombie before the age of 12.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2019, 10:28:55 pm »
It's a travesty what they are doing to school children these days.  If they had done that to me I would have been a doped up zombie before the age of 12.

Oh hell yeah!  I and my buddies lived a very fun and exciting childhood through high school.  The stunts and mischief that we pulled would have had us in prison in this day and age.  Things that we got punished a bit for when we got caught.  Certainly punishment that fit the "crime."  Nowadays we would be diagnosed as psychotic and/or sociopathic and drugged up from 3rd grade onward.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2019, 10:30:11 pm »

I agree with that, @Bigun.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2019, 10:31:16 pm »
Oh hell yeah!  I and my buddies lived a very fun and exciting childhood through high school.  The stunts and mischief that we pulled would have had us in prison in this day and age.  Things that we got punished a bit for when we got caught.  Certainly punishment that fit the "crime."  Nowadays we would be diagnosed as psychotic and/or sociopathic and drugged up from 3rd grade onward.

Same here but we did not destroy other peoples property ever!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2019, 10:32:42 pm »

So true.  Too often instead of finding out what is causing the health issue, doctors quickly prescribe xyz pill, which causes a side effect and in turn must be treated with yet another prescription drug which causes yet another side effect, and it become a vicious cycle.  Big pharma benefits while the patient suffers. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2019, 10:35:31 pm »
So true.  Too often instead of finding out what is causing the health issue, doctors quickly prescribe xyz pill, which causes a side effect and in turn must be treated with yet another prescription drug which causes yet another side effect, and it become a vicious cycle.  Big pharma benefits while the patient suffers.

I actually had my personal Dr. tell me that if he doesn't write enough prescriptions for X,y, and Z they quit giving him samples to distribute.

- J. R. R. Tolkien