Author Topic: The Liberal War On You... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 1970 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: The Liberal War On You... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 10:07:19 pm »
I think the part of the country you spend most of your time in has a LOT to do with your perspective. I can tell you that it is definitely NOT like that in my neck of the woods at all.

That is certainly very true.  I live in a purple county in FL that went for Trump by a hair in 2016.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 10:09:03 pm »
They should be worried.  They aren't as stupid as they look and act.  They think they have us on the run and it's time to seal the deal.

If Trump had not won,  he wasn't supposed to you know, I don't think they would be 1/2 as brazen as they currently are now.  Trump's election forced them to come out of the closet before they were 100% ready but, in the end, that may not make a damned bit of difference because so few see what is really going on.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 10:12:14 pm »
That is certainly very true.  I live in a purple county in FL that went for Trump by a hair in 2016.

And I live in a very red Texas County where no Democrat even bothers to run these days.  At least not AS a Democrat.  :whistle:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 10:14:10 pm »
I hear what you are saying, however I think that too many discount the impact that the MSM has had over these past decades.  Like I mentioned above, I see it about 60% to 40% and we are behind.  Now, take older folks, say above 60 years old: we are far ahead, probably about 80% to 20%.  Take those 35 years old and under: total flip, we are at about 20% to 80%.

Sure, @EdJames , and you are making my point.
There is a reason why the older you get, the more conservative you become.
You seem to see the young as a new generation casting off the wisdom of their fathers...

Which is true in and of itself, and ever true in the nature of naive youth trying to claim respect it finds easily obtained... Just run over the old man and take his things...

But you and I know, and if you are like me, learning the hard way, the old man, it turns out, ain't so easy to run over after all...

Because what runs parallel to what you seem to see going on in young skulls full of mush, is the application of pain, the great teacher, that brings wayward youth to wisdom.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 10:19:36 pm »
Sure, @EdJames , and you are making my point.
There is a reason why the older you get, the more conservative you become.
You seem to see the young as a new generation casting off the wisdom of their fathers...

Which is true in and of itself, and ever true in the nature of naive youth trying to claim respect it finds easily obtained... Just run over the old man and take his things...

But you and I know, and if you are like me, learning the hard way, the old man, it turns out, ain't so easy to run over after all...

Because what runs parallel to what you seem to see going on in young skulls full of mush, is the application of pain, the great teacher, that brings wayward youth to wisdom.

I think that you may still be correct.  (What you say was certainly very correct in the past.)  I certainly hope that you are correct.

However, what I see and hear coming out of the under 35 crowd now is pretty mind numbing.  Remember, these monkeys have been through public school indoctrination that is way beyond the experiences of people growing up in the 40s, 50s, and 60s (even).  It is bone chilling at this point.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2019, 10:19:57 pm »
I think the part of the country you spend most of your time in has a LOT to do with your perspective. I can tell you that it is definitely NOT like that in my neck of the woods at all.

That is because Texas, and rural America, is far more likely to have respect of elders as a foundation for youth... Young rednecks have their rebellion, as all youth does, but they have been drilled in their youth with the stuff they need to return soon to what is right.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2019, 10:22:59 pm »
That is because Texas, and rural America, is far more likely to have respect of elders as a foundation for youth... Young rednecks have their rebellion, as all youth does, but they have been drilled in their youth with the stuff they need to return soon to what is right.

Key point, right there.

Without that coming from the home front, it no longer exists.

(I could write a book (that would be depressingly awful) about what I see/hear from parents, mostly mid- to upper-income, and how they 'deal' with their offspring.  It is obscene.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:25:12 pm by EdJames »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2019, 10:25:49 pm »
I live in a cave and only come out for fresh meat. When I do I see people who are tired of keeping their ammo dry. Tired of the people who are supposed to be running the show but doing nothing but running their mouths.

The leftists know their play is unsustainable. I see them desperate and running. And they have no where to run to.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2019, 10:28:27 pm »

Which brings to mind a personal story.  My youngest (he's 45 now) called the sheriff claiming child abuse one day because I insisted that he was well enough to go to school.  To make a long story short, he got a ride to school that day in a patrol car.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2019, 10:31:51 pm »
I think that you may still be correct.  (What you say was certainly very correct in the past.)  I certainly hope that you are correct.

However, what I see and hear coming out of the under 35 crowd now is pretty mind numbing.  Remember, these monkeys have been through public school indoctrination that is way beyond the experiences of people growing up in the 40s, 50s, and 60s (even).  It is bone chilling at this point.

@EdJames
Yep. But our saving grace is the bare fact that, just beyond their graduation from college, their old foe reality is calmly waiting, ready to hit them upside the head with a 2x4.
And that much ain't ever gonna change.

Wisdom comes hard, and in much pain.
Why we educate our children is in the hope that they can reach for that wisdom without the need for pain. But wisdom will tend to come, one way or the other.

Our children are living in a glamour (in the classic magical sense of the word) and are being taught lies. But that glamour cannot be sustained. Reality will impose itself with a loud and audible pop... and the lies laid bare.

Or, principle things are not true.

Have faith.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2019, 10:33:26 pm »
@EdJames
Yep. But our saving grace is the bare fact that, just beyond their graduation from college, their old foe reality is calmly waiting, ready to hit them upside the head with a 2x4.

Why we educate our children is in the hope that they can reach for that wisdom without the need for pain. But wisdom will tend to come, one way or the other.

Our children are living in a glamour (in the classic magical sense of the word) and are being taught lies. But that glamour cannot be sustained. Reality will impose itself with a loud and audible pop... and the lies laid bare.

Have faith.

:amen:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2019, 10:38:41 pm »
Key point, right there.

Without that coming from the home front, it no longer exists.

True about that last part.  I had my son for 9 years after my divorce and I drilled it.  Grew up to hate me, but at least I don't have to worry about reading of him being a mass/serial murderer.   :shrug:

He's still a libtard.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2019, 10:39:45 pm »
@EdJames

Have faith.

The ONLY problem I see with that is that today a much higher percentage of those who should be out in the world getting acquainted with reality are living in their parent's basement instead.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2019, 10:40:33 pm »
Which brings to mind a personal story.  My youngest (he's 45 now) called the sheriff claiming child abuse one day because I insisted that he was well enough to go to school.  To make a long story short, he got a ride to school that day in a patrol car.

LOL! I have had many an occasion to ride around in a patrol car.
Maybe one of these days I'll get to ride in the front.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2019, 10:47:17 pm »
LOL! I have had many an occasion to ride around in a patrol car.
Maybe one of these days I'll get to ride in the front.

000hehehehe

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2019, 10:49:16 pm »
The ONLY problem I see with that is that today a much higher percentage of those who should be out in the world getting acquainted with reality are living in their parent's basement instead.

Doesn't matter.
Truth will out, and if it don't they remain ineffective - useful for nothing other than twitter wars.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2019, 11:09:07 pm »
Still wrong. I'm not discrediting conservatives. I'm crediting technology.

I loved Reagan. But there were policy positions that due to the then prevailing political climate created by the MSM franchise even he couldn't touch which are being considered or at least debated today. As always its about the flow and availability of information.

@skeeter

Well, yes and no...
What comes with today's availability of information is a butt-ton of misinformation... and a general malaise with regard to figuring out the difference... in 240 characters or less.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2019, 11:16:01 pm »
@skeeter

Well, yes and no...
What comes with today's availability of information is a butt-ton of misinformation... and a general malaise with regard to figuring out the difference... in 240 characters or less.

Yeah I know. But I look at that this way - if you can weed through the garbage and still figure things out it means you have a superior capacity for critical thought. Another major distinction between the individualist and the progressive drones. It’ll be the telling difference.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2019, 11:25:15 pm »
Yeah I know. But I look at that this way - if you can weed through the garbage and still figure things out it means you have a superior capacity for critical thought. Another major distinction between the individualist and the progressive drones. It’ll be the telling difference.

Perhaps, but I see that more as self-confirming bias.
Or at least, that is how it presents itself to my observation.

Just as the principles of Conservatism do not enter into what is being touted as conservatism nowadays. It isn't about truth. It is about winning.

Just exactly as it is on the left.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2019, 11:28:13 pm »
Perhaps, but I see that more as self-confirming bias.
Or at least, that is how it presents itself to my observation.

Just as the principles of Conservatism do not enter into what is being touted as conservatism nowadays. It isn't about truth. It is about winning.

Just exactly as it is on the left.

Not meaning !YOU! btw.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2019, 12:10:33 am »
Not meaning !YOU! btw.

Understood. But after decades of pulling for the Washington Generals I probably am guilty of generally supporting anything that moves the ideological ball down the field.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2019, 01:06:43 am »
Understood. But after decades of pulling for the Washington Generals I probably am guilty of generally supporting anything that moves the ideological ball down the field.

LOL! You ain't tellin me nuthin.
I'm a Cubs fan.

:tongue2:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2019, 03:02:06 am »

Is that the team that played the Globetrotters and lost almost every time?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2019, 06:26:14 am »
I think what the difference that I observe now is that all of what @Smokin Joe listed out above used to be what most of America looked upon as fringe.

All that supported and were involved in that stuff were seen as "freaks, weirdos, pinkos, commies, fruits" by most of America.

Now, it seems to be pretty mainstream.  And conservatism is viewed as fringe by the mainstream.  A reversal if you will....

:shrug:
So much that was on the fringe or in the closet back then is parading down main street, in full view of the cameras.

It's still fringe behaviour, for the most part.
The perception of it has changed, however, with a news media which promote it, and entertainment media which promote it from movies to music to print.

When 1/3 of the couples on the 'buy a house' shows are homosexual, when 1/4 of the actors are, when drug use is casually portrayed or pushed on the television (something every commercial break on cable), when a kid can see more sex and violence watching the ads for the shows on later that night than a kid in the 60s would have seen before puberty, it isn't so much the culture which has shifted so severely (yet) but the impression of that culture. Some influences have disproportionate weight in the media, making them seem more normal than they are, and often squelching complaint or resistance.

That has a way of establishing what people expect as a societal norm, which really explains why so much science fiction sees a dismal future dystopia of scavengers sifting through the ashes of a greater civilization or stealing the gleanings from each other.
With such a rosy vision of tomorrow, that, too will influence expectations, which will influence outcomes.

So, aside from the few elites who live lavish lives, most can expect to eke out a bare existence in a barren world colored by squalor. Perfect set of expectations for a communist tomorrow.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2019, 06:30:23 am »
I live in a cave and only come out for fresh meat. When I do I see people who are tired of keeping their ammo dry. Tired of the people who are supposed to be running the show but doing nothing but running their mouths.

The leftists know their play is unsustainable. I see them desperate and running. And they have no where to run to.
That's why they are running in circles. They have revisited every issue of the '60s, in one form or another, trying to paint themselves as cultural warriors fixing problems, when the Left made the problems they claim they are going to fix. (Typical Gubmint stuff, there)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis