Author Topic: Forget the Kaepernick controversy — you shouldn't be wearing the American flag in the first place  (Read 312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Forget the Kaepernick controversy — you shouldn't be wearing the American flag in the first place
by David Freddoso
 | July 04, 2019 08:30 AM

If this recent Nike controversy has suddenly convinced you that the Betsy Ross flag — the one with 13 stripes and 13 stars — is equivalent to the swastika or Confederate flag designs adopted decades after the Civil War to oppose civil rights, then I think you're just really a stupid person. That flag, which flew at Barack Obama's inauguration and also at George Washington's, has never had and does not now have such a significance. And your views aren't worthy of even this much of my time.

That's me being diplomatic.

That said, if you're one of those very different sorts of people who feel deeply invested in having Nike put American flags on its shoes, then you are also very misguided.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/forget-the-kaepernick-controversy-you-shouldnt-be-wearing-the-american-flag-in-the-first-place
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This isn't about flags on shoes.  This is about a celebrity who hates the US and its flag, and wants to relegate it to the same status of Civil War era statues.  The bit about the shoes is merely a skirmish in a larger culture war.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline conservativevoter

Hey!  I'm getting a good chuckle over your avatar!  I am agreed on what the former football player wants to do with that flag.

(Kaepernick, guess how many fingers I'm holding up for you?)

:patriot:

Now, off to watch 'The Patriot'.  The appearance of that ragged old flag coming up through the Colonials regiment gives me chills. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey!  I'm getting a good chuckle over your avatar!  I am agreed on what the former football player wants to do with that flag.

(Kaepernick, guess how many fingers I'm holding up for you?)

:patriot:

Now, off to watch 'The Patriot'.  The appearance of that ragged old flag coming up through the Colonials regiment gives me chills.

I'm holding up three fingers and encouraging him to read between the lines.

Speaking of lines, I'm thinking of one from Patriot.  "How is having 3,000 tyrants one mile away from me better than having one tyrant 3,000 miles away?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: