Author Topic: 45K barrels of bourbon reportedly destroyed in Jim Beam warehouse fire  (Read 444 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
45K barrels of bourbon reportedly destroyed in Jim Beam warehouse fire
Posted 7:23 am, July 3, 2019, by fox8webcentral

LEXINGTON, Ky. — Two barrel warehouses at a Jim Beam aging facility burned for hours overnight in Kentucky.

WKYT reports the facility caught fire at around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday. One warehouse caught fire, which then spread to a second warehouse.

Roughly 45,000 barrels of bourbon were in one of the burning warehouses.

Officials said it’s possible the fire was caused by a lightning strike.

more
https://fox8.com/2019/07/03/45k-barrels-of-bourbon-reportedly-destroyed-in-jim-beam-warehouse-fire/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Just extended charcoal mellowing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

I'm a scotch drinker and can't stand bourbon, but even at that, this is a tragedy!!  Lots of good liquor going to waste.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

The very first thing I ever got drunk on was bourbon. I was very young and it made me very, very sick. I have never laid in a tilt-a whirl bed before, lol. Never had it since and can't stand the smell to this day.

But I guess this is sad for bourbon drinkers.

Offline mountaineer

The smell of bourbon makes me nauseated, but I'm sorry for Jim Beam's loss.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Burnin' whiskey:

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Nice try but it'll never be as good as Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline aligncare

8888crybaby

RIP

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm a scotch drinker and can't stand bourbon, but even at that, this is a tragedy!!  Lots of good liquor going to waste.

Try the Aberlour 12 year, if you feel like giving yourself a gift. It’ll cost about $60, not too pricey, but not cheap. It’s aged in a repurposed sherry cask. Gives it an interesting profile.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/143/aberlour-12-year-old-double-cask-matured#productTastingNotes
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 11:34:07 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Scotch must be aged in oak barrels, many of which are sourced (already used for bourbon) from KY.

We are so screwed.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.