Author Topic: Rand Paul: GOP leadership killed my defund Planned Parenthood bill because we might have won  (Read 278 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Rand Paul: GOP leadership killed my defund Planned Parenthood bill because we might have won

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., dropped a truth bomb on an audience of pro-life conservative Christians last week when he revealed that Republican congressional leadership refused to take up legislation to defund Planned Parenthood because “we might win.”

Speaking at the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s “Road to Majority” conference last week, Paul described how his 2018 amendment defunding Planned Parenthood was rejected by GOP leadership because they wanted Democratic votes for a massive spending package.

“We still lose in the legislation,” Paul said. “Sometimes we lose because the people who come to you and give you lip service and say, ‘Oh I’m pro-life, I’m pro-life,’ and then they don’t seem to vote that way.”...........

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/rand-paul-gop-leadership-killed-defund-planned-parenthood-bill-might-won/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.