Author Topic: House Democrats to hold hearing next week on treatment of migrant children  (Read 517 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Democrats to hold hearing next week on treatment of migrant children
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/02/19 03:47 PM EDT

The House Oversight and Reform Committee has scheduled a hearing next week to hear testimony from Trump administration officials about the separation and treatment of immigrant children at the southern border.

Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) has invited acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan and acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan to testify at a hearing on July 12. Neither have confirmed their appearance, according to the committee.

“The Trump Administration’s actions at the southern border are grotesque and dehumanizing,” Cummings said in a statement Tuesday.

“There seems to be open contempt for the rule of law and for basic human decency. The committee needs to hear directly from the heads of these agencies as soon as possible in light of the almost daily reports of abuse and defiance,” Cummings said, adding that he hoped McAleenan and Morgan would appear “voluntarily” at the hearing.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/451410-house-dems-to-hold-hearing-next-week-on-treatment-of-migrant-children
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Would be nice if these do nothings did their job.  Don't hold your breath for anything meaningful being generated from Democommies.  Worthless bags of air!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Would be nice if these do nothings did their job.  Don't hold your breath for anything meaningful being generated from Democommies.  Worthless bags of air!

That is putting it very nicely.  If they actually did their job and secured the border they wouldn't have anything to bitch about.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Surge in child immigrants crossing U.S.-Mexico border
CNN, Jun 11, 2014, YouTube

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

If there's going to be a hearing ... it's Congress that needs to be investigated. 

Obama's illegal immigration plan alarms migrant childrens' advocates
CBS News, Jun 30, 2014

News that the President Obama is seeking more than $2 billion to deal with the flood of unaccompanied children coming across the southern border is widely seen as a welcome sign for the overburdened border patrol agents and workers tasked with caring for the children once they come into U.S. custody.

But the president's plan to ask Congress to grant more authority to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to speed up the removal of unaccompanied minors who might not be eligible to remain in the U.S. has spread alarm among advocates for the children.

Former officials with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) say it is an important step toward stemming the flow of children crossing the border - already estimated at 52,000 this year - but their advocates say that the government stands to deny unaccompanied minors important due process protections and may be returning them to dangerous situations.

"We're extremely concerned that the administration is continuing to refuse to see this as a refugee issue and that they are really taking drastic steps to roll back a long tradition of child welfare-friendly policies in this country," Michelle Brane, the Director of the Migrant Rights and Justice program at the Women's Refugee Commission, told CBS News. The government is "really abdicating our national and international responsibilities and leadership on protection issues," she said.

More:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obamas-illegal-immigration-plan-alarms-migrant-childrens-advocates/

Warning ... your head might explode.

Remarks by the President on Border Security and Immigration Reform
Rose Garden, Jun 30, 2014

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2014/06/30/remarks-president-border-security-and-immigration-reform

Online Hoodat

Warning ... your head might explode.

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gee,I wonder if they will discover the children are being mistreated?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

Gee,I wonder if they will discover the children are being mistreated?

I heard that parents are selling their children.  People are offering $300 dollars to get a family
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Me too, and here we are with the same old shit 5 years later.  I think we can still blame it on Republicans too.   They had the House and Senate.  They had the Presidency and wasted it.  I guess the benefits to business is still far too great to secure the border.  Everyone with a benefit except the citizens.

:3: