Author Topic: Trump plans to intervene in filthy liberal cities, combat homelessness, after seeing pristine Japan  (Read 1612 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump plans to intervene in filthy liberal cities, combat homelessness, after seeing pristine Japan
July 2, 2019 | Frieda Powers

President Donald Trump thinks his administration needs to intervene in liberal cities where the problem of homelessness has become “disgraceful.”

The rising homeless population coupled with the mental illnesses plaguing many of the victims was noted by the president who told Fox News host Tucker Carlson that he is “looking at it very seriously.”

Speaking on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” from Osaka, Japan where the president was visiting for the G20 summit, Trump addressed the situation he saw as “very sad,” indicating that his administration “may intercede” in cities such as Washington, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

“You’ve come to where we are now Osaka or Tokyo and the cities are clean. There’s no graffiti. No one going to bathroom on the street. You don’t see junkies,” Carlson said, introducing the topic.

“It’s very nice, isn’t it?” Trump responded.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/07/02/trump-plans-to-intervene-in-filthy-liberal-cities-combat-homelessness-after-seeing-pristine-japan-770660
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The don’t typically take visiting dignitaries to problem areas, but every major city has them.

https://www.alltherooms.com/blog/japanese-graffiti-tokyos-best-areas-for-street-art/

https://www.medicaldaily.com/alcohol-awareness-japanese-ad-campaign-depicts-heavy-drinkers-passed-out-streets-address-public

They also have ridiculously high tax rates. Watch the left run with that, after hearing praise if their system.

The Personal Income Tax Rate in Japan stands at 55.95 percent. Personal Income Tax Rate in Japan averaged 51.36 percent from 2004 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 55.95 percent in 2016 and a record low of 50 percent in 2005.

https://tradingeconomics.com/japan/personal-income-tax-rate
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:54:12 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Toyko is the cleanest city I have ever visited.

People there obviously take pride in their city.

Wish folks here would do the same.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I think insanity is a major part of homelessness in the USA, particularly in California.  Reagan put the insane on the streets, and it has only gotten worse with the outcomes of the Obama economy.

Offline roamer_1

I think insanity is a major part of homelessness in the USA, particularly in California.  Reagan put the insane on the streets, and it has only gotten worse with the outcomes of the Obama economy.

Drugs. 99% drugs.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Drugs. 99% drugs.

Yep, and taxing the citizens to the point they no longer have the disposable income to help their fellow man. Lax laws on druggies, short jail terms, society enabling drug use... just basically a falling out with God (which is the source of hope).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

Yep, and taxing the citizens to the point they no longer have the disposable income to help their fellow man. Lax laws on druggies, short jail terms, society enabling drug use... just basically a falling out with God (which is the source of hope).

That's right.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I understand Trump's concern and what he wants to do, but its futile to try in liberal cities.

I lived in the Detroit area for years and the gov't tried to revitalize Detroit many times, only to have those living in the area destroy time and time again the improvements.  Those that live there have no incentive as most are on welfare and haven't worked for anything.  They expect if they trash their city, the gov't that owes them will be in to fix it again.   

Take also into consideration that we now have a new 'wave' of ILLEGALS, migrants who are now wreaking havoc on our cities; some of them defecate on the streets and sidewalks.  So, even IF someone comes in to clean those cities up, it will be short lived til the next round of migrants trash it.

I understand the President wanting a pristine country, but until we actually have people who give a damn about this country and don't expect a free ride and appreciate what they are given, the effort is futile.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

I understand the President wanting a pristine country, but until we actually have people who give a damn about this country and don't expect a free ride and appreciate what they are given, the effort is futile.

Regardless... Federal imposition is a big gov thing and no different than those liberal cities.
That Tumpy thinks that way should be a warning.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It is sad to hear you repeating this democrat talking point.

Drugs make people insane. Nancy Reagan said "Just Say No."

The Truth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_Health_Systems_Act_of_1980
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:11:50 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

Regardless... Federal imposition is a big gov thing and no different than those liberal cities.
That Tumpy thinks that way should be a warning.

I think Trump should just stay home.  Every time he goes to some foreign county, he comes back with a ridiculous idea from there.  The military parade (and now tanks at the Mall for the 4th), for example.

Offline roamer_1

I think Trump should just stay home.  Every time he goes to some foreign county, he comes back with a ridiculous idea from there.  The military parade (and now tanks at the Mall for the 4th), for example.

I am alright with the parade and all... That it garners so much attention is absurd.
Bread and circuses.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Tenth Amendment- let them stew in the dirty juices of what they've wrought. And no bail-outs!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Hoodat

Reagan put the insane on the streets

I assume you are referring to Governor Reagan - not President Reagan.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Absalom

-----------------------------
On the mark.
The driver behind these notions is his neurosis for attention!!!

Offline berdie

Tenth Amendment- let them stew in the dirty juices of what they've wrought. And no bail-outs!

I saw on the news last night that Austin was letting people camp where they please.  This is not good. It is a disaster in the making.

Offline berdie

I assume you are referring to Governor Reagan - not President Reagan.

I worked in downtown Dallas in the 80's. I can't say if Reagan flooded the cities with the crazy folks. But that was the result.

Offline musiclady

Amen!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

I saw on the news last night that Austin was letting people camp where they please.  This is not good. It is a disaster in the making.

If you subsidize homelessness, you end up with more homelessness.  It is clear that Austin wants more homelessness.  Maybe they can move the State capital to Abilene and let Austin become a left-wing utopia like Caracas.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

They don’t typically take visiting dignitaries to problem areas, but every major city has them.

That's true for the average tourist as well.  I've been to a few countries where I was shown plenty of beautiful gardens,  historic monuments and such.  But these were all on guided tours.  No guided tour is going to take you through a slum if it can be avoided. 
These countries want to impress tourists so they will tell their friends to come over and maybe you might be encouraged to come back again.  For a number of countries, tourism is a major industry.  In some, tourism is the only industry.  They are not going to jeopardize that industry by showing off their slums. 

And I'm willing to bet that prior to this summit, where the eyes of the world will be focused, the authorities did a "sweep" of problem areas  - maybe even rounded up the homeless and took them off the streets, cleaned grafittied buildings, etc

Offline Victoria33

@Sighlass

Our family member who is a pilot for a major airline, does not like to be in Los Angeles or San Francisco for this reason:  He stays in the hotel as when he goes outside in either of those cities, people beg him for money and he can't help them all, so he stays inside.  He is a Christian man and would help all of them if he could.  He can't fix what is wrong in those cities.  He also doesn't want to contract a disease and take it home to his family.

What is wrong with California government?  They don't care their cities are dangerous for visitors to be there and their citizens, legal or not, are spreading diseases among their healthy citizens?  Eventually, no one will go there and those there will die as those workers in hospitals will also catch those diseases and they will die or will have to leave those cities to save their lives.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I worked in downtown Dallas in the 80's. I can't say if Reagan flooded the cities with the crazy folks. But that was the result.
So I see you repeating the democrat talking point?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

It is sad to hear you repeating this democrat talking point.

Drugs make people insane. Nancy Reagan said "Just Say No."

The Truth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_Health_Systems_Act_of_1980

Deinstitutionalization was first proposed by president Kennedy. Reagan has nothing to do with it. As usual the rats create the problem, blame the opposition, then propose solutions that invariably make the problem worse while growing the scope and power of government.

Same old same old.

Offline skeeter

Reagan took the rap for rat policies while governor of CA. Sad to see that mythology has been expanded to include president Reagan as well. The media liked to blame president Reagan for homelessness because it was the only available criticism left to them, given the great state of the economy. But it’s just as big a lie.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:47:14 am by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Amen.  Isn't that what Kushner's new prison reform bill did?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.