Author Topic: GOP Rep. Chip Roy urges President Trump to go nuclear and defy the courts  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
GOP Rep. Chip Roy urges President Trump to go nuclear and defy the courts
Chris Pandolfo · June 27, 2019   

Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, on Wednesday called for President Trump to defy nationwide injunctions imposed by federal courts on his immigration policies and secure the border.
Roy (Liberty Score A, 100%) was speaking on BlazeTV’s “Steve Deace Show” when he said it’s time for a “Jacksonian moment” from President Trump.

“You’ve talked about the court challenges this administration faces virtually any time it tries to honor any of its campaign pledges. What legal advice would you give them? At what point … would you advise them to stop taking [nationwide] injunctions and all the rest of this seriously?” host Steve Deace asked.

“I would tell the president to do that now. The time is now,” Roy responded. “We need a Jacksonian moment where the president of the United States looks at the courts and says, ‘you enforce that law.'”...………

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/gop-rep-chip-roy-urges-president-trump-go-nuclear-defy-courts/

I agree.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
I agree.
James 1:20

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :yowsa:

As I have been saying for some time now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I agree.

:yowsa:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
That's exactly what I've been promoting in this forum for some time now.

Force the issue of "the power of the federal courts" before the country.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Bill Cipher

Nothing like adding a little lawlessness to your cult of personality. 

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

What a court *says* about the law is not the same the same thing as *law*.

The federal judiciary would have us believe that the US Constitution does *not* mean what it *does* say about arms, and it *does* mean what it does *not* say about abortion.  This simply breeds contempt for law.  When judges impose on a free people some interpretation of law that obviously conflicts with its plain meaning, the people are no more free than were medieval peasants free from the whims of the most recent pope.

Rejecting dictates of judges which are contrary to plain meaning is not lawlessness; the dictates themselves are lawless.  The contrary position prevents literate free men from understanding statutes which are enacted in their own names.
James 1:20

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I cannot wait to see you explain why the chief executive officer of the United States telling some rouge, unelected, judges to mind their own damned business would be "lawless". 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Got nothing to do with ‘cults of personality’. I’ve about had it with judicial activism, haven’t you?

If you’re worried about lawlessness let’s not pretend the left side of the judiciary has given a flying eff about constitutionality for some decades now. Take it up with them.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

The only lawlessness is in the Courts.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline kevindavis007

Nope...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The only lawlessness is in the Courts.

I doubt that the ONLY lawlessness is in the courts but there is certainly enough in the courts for the president to stand against it.  The Congress alone has the power to actually DO something about it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

Chip Roy is calling for Treason against a Federal Judge.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No he's not.  Good grief.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I cannot wait to see you explain why the chief executive officer of the United States telling some rouge, unelected, judges to mind their own damned business would be "lawless".
goopo
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

Ridiculous! 66minnie 22222frying pan *****rollingeyes***** :chairbang:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That is no more nuclear than a pompous judge declaring he has the authority to defend our country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It's not the President himself who would actually be defying a court order.  It would be much lower level executive branch employees who would be engaging in those acts on the ground, pursuant to orders by the President.  So the real question is whether all those "boots on the ground" types would be willing to follow a Presidential directive in defiance of a court order.

I don't know what the answer to that is, but you'd have to do the calculus.  Otherwise, if Trump gives orders and employees refuse to carry them out...it's gonna look real bad for him.

Offline Rivergirl

Not a little sadly.   It's constant.   Dangerous but those who don't mind will rue the day.

Offline kevindavis007

I imagine there would be outrage here is a Dem would defy the courts.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I imagine there would be outrage here is a Dem would defy the courts.

The problem with that argument is that it is leftist judges who are acting outside of their Constitutionally limited mandate, so chances of and as evidenced by the 0 administration, a leftist judge ruling against a leftist administration is almost certain to not happen.

Offline kevindavis007

The problem with that argument is that it is leftist judges who are acting outside of their Constitutionally limited mandate, so chances of and as evidenced by the 0 administration, a leftist judge ruling against a leftist administration is almost certain to not happen.

Sometimes they do. Either way it is wrong.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Sometimes they do. Either way it is wrong.

I disagree.  When a rogue court and rules on something outside their jurisdiction, that is not a legitimate ruling.

Offline austingirl

I disagree.  When a rogue court and rules on something outside their jurisdiction, that is not a legitimate ruling.

888high58888

Offline kevindavis007

Then there is a appeal process. Call me old fashion I rather have the President do things the Constitutional way.