Author Topic: U.S. May Settle for Nuclear Freeze By North Korea  (Read 552 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
U.S. May Settle for Nuclear Freeze By North Korea
« on: July 01, 2019, 03:56:10 pm »
New York Times: “From a seemingly fanciful tweet to a historic step into North Korean territory, President Trump’s largely improvised third meeting on Sunday with Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, was a masterpiece of drama, the kind of made-for-TV spectacle that Mr. Trump treasures.”

“But for weeks before the meeting … a real idea ha[d] been taking shape inside the Trump administration that officials hope might create a foundation for a new round of negotiations.”

https://politicalwire.com/2019/07/01/u-s-may-settle-for-nuclear-freeze-by-north-korea/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: U.S. May Settle for Nuclear Freeze By North Korea
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 03:58:05 pm »
John (Mike, as the president says) Bolton vehemently denies....

Trump aide lashes out at N.Korea nuclear freeze idea

Washington (AFP) - US National Security Advisor John Bolton lashed out Monday at a report that Washington might settle for a nuclear freeze with North Korea, calling it a "reprehensible attempt" to box in President Donald Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-aide-lashes-n-korea-nuclear-freeze-idea-115504217.html
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:56:29 pm by edpc »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 04:16:01 pm »
You gotta be sh__ing me. 

A freeze?  Winning....   /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 04:22:00 pm »
NYT FUD.

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 04:25:19 pm »
You gotta be sh__ing me. 

A freeze?  Winning....   /s

The initial reaction will be to jump all over the fact it is on sourced and the NYT. I wouldn’t discount it entirely, however. Trump is always a proponent of letting others take care of things, in their sphere of influence. The Iranian activity in the Strait of Hormuz is a prime example.  He suggested Japan should protect the tankers, since it is their oil.  From previous comments, it seems that he is fine with NK possessing nuclear weapons, as long as they don’t have ICBM capabilities. Also, he actually said the following, during the 2016 campaign....

Trump said he's in favor of potentially seeing countries like Japan develop nuclear weapons because "it's going to happen anyway."

"It's only a question of time," he said. "They're going to start having them or we have to get rid of them entirely."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-japan-south-korea-might-need-nuclear-weapons/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:31:08 pm »
We got him now!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 11:58:25 pm »
The commies at the NY Slimes will never stop trying to undermine this president.  Not ever.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 09:34:41 am »
A Freeze?  "Nuclear Winter"?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kidd

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 07:35:53 pm »
North Korea allegedly already knows how to make a bomb.
And who says North Korea can't make a bomb in Iran

So the difference between a nuclear freeze and nuclear disarmament is only a couple of months.
Verification and a test ban are the key points to win.

Obama's unconstitutional attack on Libya, after Libya gave up its nukes, is really screwing up North Korea negotiations. Why should North Korea trust the United States after Obama's treatment of Libya?