Author Topic: For 2020 Democrats, It’s ‘Ignore The Economy, Stupid’  (Read 214 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I&I Editorial

How do Democrats sell their policies when the economy is doing well and unemployment is at 50-year lows? By avoiding the subject. At least, that’s what Democrats did during the two nights of debating.

The very first question asked in the first debate, by Savannah Guthrie, was about whether the Democrats’ far-left agenda would risk the economic growth we’ve been enjoying.

“Seventy-one percent of Americans say the economy is doing well, including 60% of Democrats,” she said. “What do you say to those who worry this kind of significant change could be risky to the economy?”

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, the first to answer, pretended not hear the question. Instead, she went on a rant about how the economy is “doing great for a thinner and thinner slice at the top.”  But if that were true, why are six in ten of her fellow Democrats happy with the way things are going? No one bothered to ask her that.

A word cloud of the debates shows that “economy” barely got mentioned over the two nights. Democrats talked almost as much about guns as they did jobs.

And when Democrats did talk about the economy, it was in grim, Dickensian terms.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2019/07/01/for-2020-democrats-its-ignore-the-economy-stupid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've posted this before, but "the economy" has very little to do with winning elections any more. Obama proved that.

These days, "it's about the ideology, stupid!"