Author Topic: Julián Castro: 'We already pay for the healthcare of undocumented immigrants. It's called the emerge  (Read 401 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Julián Castro: 'We already pay for the healthcare of undocumented immigrants. It's called the emergency room'
by Ellie Bufkin
 | June 30, 2019 12:45 PM

Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro claimed during a Sunday morning interview with George Stephanopoulos that the United States already pays for the healthcare of illegal immigrants through hospital emergency rooms.

Responding to the criticism Democrats received after the Thursday night presidential debate, in which all 10 candidates expressed their support of government-funded healthcare for illegal immigrants, Castro said, "Number one, undocumented immigrants already pay a lot of taxes. Second, we already pay for the healthcare of undocumented immigrants. It's called the emergency room. People show up in the emergency room and they get care, as they should. And then third, it's the right thing to do. We're not going to let people living in this country die because they can't see a doctor. That's not who we are as Americans."

Guidelines established by The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act do ensure that hospital emergency rooms provide certain levels of care, regardless of the patient's insurance status or ability to pay at the time of their treatment. Care covered is described as emergencies and specific medical screenings. However, this does not void the patient's responsibility to pay for the provided healthcare in the future.

Castro further stated that he didn't feel the views he and his fellows Democrats hold on immigration and government benefits to illegal immigrants would help President Trump win in 2020.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/julian-castro-we-already-pay-for-the-healthcare-of-undocumented-immigrants-its-called-the-emergency-room
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He's making a strange argument by saying "healthcare is not really being denied." It does more to dispute his own "debate point" than anybody else has so far.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He is exactly correct.  ILLEGALS use the emergency room to get FREE medical care; be it a sore throat, broken bone, or heart attack.

The problem IS that ILLEGALS get FREE medical, one way or another.  The other problem is ILLEGALS shouldn't be here in the first place and should NOT have any rights or get any perks just for being here.

IMHO, this is the candidate that the GOP needs to fear. I posted his earlier in another thread, and I've pointed this out before, but, people really need to realize what it would mean if he's nominated or given the VP slot.  His  mother was a Chicana political activist who helped establish the Chicano political party La Raza Unida.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He's making a strange argument by saying "healthcare is not really being denied." It does more to dispute his own "debate point" than anybody else has so far.

IMHO, he's stating in essence that healthcare for ILLEGALS is a mute issue for debating as they are already receiving healthcare via the E.R. 

I think it's a good thing that he's pointing this out.  He may be shooting himself in the foot, but perhaps LIV DEM voters don't have a clue as to the true cost of ILLEGALS in our country.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline dfwgator

He's my odds-on favorite to be the VP Pick.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He's my odds-on favorite to be the VP Pick.

Absolutely.  I see him as another Bammy waiting in the wings and will rise in the polls. Clintons backed him before and I anticipate that they'll be backing him again.

With his background, it's almost guaranteed that he will carry the Hispanic vote.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
He is exactly correct.  ILLEGALS use the emergency room to get FREE medical care; be it a sore throat, broken bone, or heart attack.

The problem IS that ILLEGALS get FREE medical, one way or another.  The other problem is ILLEGALS shouldn't be here in the first place and should NOT have any rights or get any perks just for being here.

IMHO, this is the candidate that the GOP needs to fear. I posted his earlier in another thread, and I've pointed this out before, but, people really need to realize what it would mean if he's nominated or given the VP slot.  His  mother was a Chicana political activist who helped establish the Chicano political party La Raza Unida.

He is exactly right.  They go to the Emergency Room and they get care.  What he isn't right about is that it is the right thing to do.  It isn't.  Do you know how many Americans are indebted to Hospitals in this country?  And their bills are inflated do to people who don't pay.  These people should be paying for their care the same as Ameirican's do.

Take the arguments that pro illegal immigrant politicians make. 

They pay taxes.  Well if that is true then they must have a job and should pay for their health care.

They do jobs Americans don't want to do.  OK, they are working.  So why are we paying for their health care?

Whether it is Emergency Care or regular health care they should be paying for their own.  They shouldn't even be here, but we definitely should not be paying their way.  I have had two hospital bills I had to pay off.  The last one took me two years but I paid it off.  Why am I paying for illegal aliens?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.