Author Topic: Trump makes history crossing into North Korea  (Read 1099 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump makes history crossing into North Korea
« on: June 30, 2019, 02:01:21 pm »
Trump makes history crossing into North Korea
by Daniel Chaitin
 | June 30, 2019 02:49 AM
 | Updated Jun 30, 2019, 04:04 AM

President Trump made history by crossing the border that divides North and South Korea on Sunday.

Less than two days after Trump extended an invitation over Twitter, the president shared a handshake with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at the Korean demilitarized zone in what was an unprecedented display of goodwill between the United States and North Korea.

“Stepping across that line was a great honor," Trump said after crossing back into South Korea.

Multiple sitting presidents have visited a U.S. observation post overlooking the DMZ over the years, but Trump is the first to meet a North Korean ruler there, let alone cross the demarcation line.

Upon coming face-to-face with Trump, Kim said to Trump, “Good to see you again." He added that he would have “never expected” to see the president “at this place."

After sharing the handshake and speaking with Kim, Trump gestured to allow Trump to cross the physical demarcation line. Trump then crossed, took a few steps with Kim, shared another handshake and exchanged some more words, then crossed back into South Korea with Kim. They continued to speak and walked into a conference hall, spoke with press, and entered into a meeting.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-shares-historic-handshake-with-kim-jong-un-and-crosses-dmz-line
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump makes history crossing into North Korea
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 02:17:23 pm »

U.S. President Donald Trump meets with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas, in Panmunjom
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 02:19:09 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 02:51:45 pm »

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 02:52:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 03:12:56 pm »
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 03:33:47 pm »
Only Trump Could Go To North Korea.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 03:54:30 pm »
Out of morbid curiosity I checked PMSNBC last night, and they had the predictable commentary on how terrible this was to do, and tears were being shed about how irresponsible Trump is. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 03:56:08 pm »
Only Trump Could Go To North Korea.

QFT
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 06:22:14 pm »
Historic???............................................Laughable!
Bet that Yip-yap Boy will insist his hand shake w/Lardbutt was of
greater magnitude than Grant shaking Lee's hand after Appomattox.
The only point of this malarkey was to keep cameras focused on him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 07:58:23 pm »

I couldn't say whether it was good or bad.  It just was. Stepping foot in NK doesn't change that he is a brutal dictator.  Proof is in the pudding of real Foreign Policy negotiations.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 08:08:18 pm »
Out of morbid curiosity I checked PMSNBC last night, and they had the predictable commentary on how terrible this was to do, and tears were being shed about how irresponsible Trump is.

Of course. There are those who couldn't bring themselves to acknowledge good news where Trump is concerned if doing so would prolong their life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 09:17:10 pm »
President Donald J. Trump made history period.  Of course the DEMS would have you believe it's a bad thing.  Diplomacy?  Of course. I think DJT accomplished one thing. Giving Kim the attention and recognition he's wanted.  Trump acknowledged that he exists and he has broadened the lines of communication between the two.  I see that as a positive.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 09:23:27 pm »

I couldn't say whether it was good or bad.  It just was. Stepping foot in NK doesn't change that he is a brutal dictator.  Proof is in the pudding of real Foreign Policy negotiations.

No it doesn't change the fact that he's a brutal dictator.  No one is going to change who Kim is with negotiations.  That's just like saying you can change a serial killer's mindset by talking with him a few times.  Not going to happen.  With that being said, is their truly any negotiating with a brutal dictator?

The fact still remains that President Trump is not shutting him out and blowing him off as an irrelevant leader and threat.  He has opened and kept open the lines of communication open which is a good thing; keep your enemies even closer.

I applaud President Trump on this and I think once again he has done well on the foreign front.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:24:55 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 09:25:21 pm »

The network of hate.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 09:26:34 pm »
President Donald J. Trump made history period.  Of course the DEMS would have you believe it's a bad thing.  Diplomacy?  Of course. I think DJT accomplished one thing. Giving Kim the attention and recognition he's wanted.  Trump acknowledged that he exists and he has broadened the lines of communication between the two.  I see that as a positive.

You could be right.  Or it may serve to validate Kim Jung Un.  I don't think that the evil actions of this brutal dictatorship deserve validation.  It is history.  Whether it serves to make positive changes within NK and with relation to the US we will see.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 09:48:34 pm »
Of course. There are those who couldn't bring themselves to acknowledge good news where Trump is concerned if doing so would prolong their life.

Ain't that the truth!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 10:12:28 pm »
Trump Derangement Syndrome on display for all to see...

TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME TURNING POINT USA AT THIS RATE ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2019, 10:17:12 pm »
A Federal Judge could rule that Trump's 'border crossing' is Treason or something.

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2019, 10:25:12 pm »
    I'm glad he didn't try to steal a propaganda poster while he was there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 10:29:14 pm »
    I'm glad he didn't try to steal a propaganda poster while he was there.

Short visit he didn't have time.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 11:19:29 pm »
southpaw @nycsouthpaw

He took something that with any other president would have been reserved to symbolize a diplomatic breakthrough, emptied it of that meaning, and did it for essentially nothing of substance, yet he still gets graded on—and given high marks for—“sheer performance.”

4:06 PM - 30 Jun 2019

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 11:52:50 pm »
 :yawn2:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 12:14:29 am »

----------------------------
Intelligent and perceptive.
Hopefully the fan club w/take notice!!!

Offline mrclose

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2019, 12:48:22 am »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 01:45:09 am »

You could be right.  Or it may serve to validate Kim Jung Un.  I don't think that the evil actions of this brutal dictatorship deserve validation.  It is history.  Whether it serves to make positive changes within NK and with relation to the US we will see.

I see it as keeping the lines of communication open and hopefully keeping the mad little fat boy in check.

Online corbe

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2019, 02:28:56 am »
   Thanks @mrclose
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.