Author Topic: Florida Dem ends campaign after claim she removed ‘77 bullets’ from Pulse shooting victims challenge  (Read 338 times)

Offline mrclose

A Democratic candidate for Florida’s House reportedly has ended her campaign after being challenged on her detailed and graphic claims she treated victims of the 2016 Pulsenightclub shooting.

“I personally removed 77 bullets from 32 people … It was like an assembly line,” candidate Elizabeth McCarthy had claimed at a gun safety event earlier this year

But FloridaPolitics.com published a report earlier this month challenging her claims she worked as a cardiologist at Orlando Regional Medical Center

The report listed the following discrepancies: the Florida Department of Health did not have a record of her being a licensed doctor; the parent company of the medical center said there’s no record of any doctor by that name; another company the candidate claimed to be working for denied she worked there; and University of Central Florida officials said they couldn't find a record of the medical degree she claimed.

The report said that officials confirmed she was a registered nurse until 2005, and that she later started a medical company that was in business through 2014.

At first, the candidate maintained she is a doctor when asked about the conflicting details.

“Yes, I did work the night of Pulse,” she said, according to FloridaPolitics.com. “It hurts me … why would I make something like this up? … I was an RN for 25 years. I’ve been in the medical field all my life.”

Then on Friday:

“After thoughtful contemplation, due to professional obligations, I am withdrawing as a Democratic candidate seeking the nomination and election in Florida House District 28,” McCarthy reportedly wrote in an email.

https://outline.com/9dPg3q
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kinda like Kamala and the busing claim.  :whistle:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A ridiculous lie easily disproved?   This woman is selling herself short by running for state legislator.  She is ready for the national stage.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A ridiculous lie easily disproved?   This woman is selling herself short by running for state legislator.  She is ready for the national stage.
My thoughts exactly. She has the incontinent prevarication part down pat.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis