Author Topic: The Democrats in crisis: Schumer and Pelosi at each other’s throats  (Read 282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 29, 2019
The Democrats in crisis: Schumer and Pelosi at each other’s throats
By Thomas Lifson

The two and half years of TDS mass psychosis inside the Democratic Party since November 2016 are taking a toll. Trump Derangement Syndrome would already be recognized as a mental illness in an updated DSM-5 if the psychiatric profession were to magically shift into bias for conservatism instead for the left, but even without the blessing of the shrinks, it is real, and it is taking a toll on the Democrats.

Normally, The Democrats exercise a degree of party discipline that Republicans can only envy. And their friends in the mainstream media love to highlight tensions within the Republican coalition while ignoring donkey conflicts.  Within the party, “Solidarity forever” isn’t just a tune that union bosses lead their members in singing, it is a philosophy that, for instance, causes Democrat black political leaders to embrace unlimited illegal immigration, even as it harms the interests of the lower skilled workers by suppressing wages.

So, what are we to make of this, coming from Mike DeBonis and Rachel Bade of the Washington Post, the most plugged-in news source when it comes to the Democrats:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told her colleagues in a private meeting Thursday that she thought she had a deal this week with her longtime ally, Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer: She would ensure passage of a more liberal border funding bill in the House, and he would back her up by persuading Democratic senators to fight for it.

Instead, Pelosi (D-Calif.) said, she was blindsided. Nearly all Senate Democrats voted for a Republican-backed bill that kneecapped the House and marked the most embarrassing defeat for Pelosi in the six months since Democrats took over the chamber.

“Schumer destroyed all our leverage on Wednesday by not being able to hold his people,” said a senior House Democratic aide.

Schumer (D-N.Y.), meanwhile, believed Pelosi failed to deliver on a deal of her own. After House moderates revolted Thursday, Democrats had to discard a plan to send the bill back to the Senate before an end-of-month deadline.

“They’re blaming everyone but themselves,” said a senior Senate Democratic aide. Contrary to Pelosi’s private assertions, the aide said, House leaders never asked Schumer to withhold votes in the Senate.

The breakdown between Pelosi and Schumer revealed the extent of the raw divisions among congressional Democrats and raises the possibility of more skirmishes to come as Congress barrels toward funding and debt ceiling deadlines this fall. Democrats in both chambers agree they have to be in strategic lockstep to have any hope of besting President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

The sudden, bitter dispute between the two most powerful Democrats in the country is particularly remarkable given their long history of cooperation — standing arm-in-arm through some of the most partisan moments in Trump’s presidency, including the 35-day partial government shutdown.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/the_democrats_in_crisis_schumer_and_pelosi_at_each_others_throats.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
  :0001:  happy77
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Man this is delicious.  The imagery is wonderful.  Terry Tate House Linebacker!

"she was blindsided. Nearly all Senate Democrats voted for a Republican-backed bill that kneecapped the House and marked the most embarrassing defeat for Pelosi in the six months since Democrats took over the chamber."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Awesome! Sounds like maybe Schumer is recogizing that the party is being drug off a cliff.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Awesome! Sounds like maybe Schumer is recogizing that the party is being drug off a cliff.

I wouldn't put any money on it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Fake news?  One thing that normally holds true for the Dems; whether in crisis or not, they always stick together.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.