Author Topic: Booker bashes Biden for 'hoodie' remark  (Read 295 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Booker bashes Biden for 'hoodie' remark
« on: June 29, 2019, 01:46:41 pm »
Booker bashes Biden for 'hoodie' remark
by Zachary Halaschak
 | June 28, 2019 08:00 PM

A day after California Sen. Kamala Harris went on the offensive against Joe Biden about race at the Democratic debate, Cory Booker similarly hit back at racial comments made by the former vice president.

While attempting to defend his record on civil rights in Chicago Friday, the 76-year-old Biden waded into more controversy with a remark he made about hoodies.

“We've got to recognize that kid wearing a hoodie may very well be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger,” Biden told the crowd.

Booker, a 50-year-old senator from New Jersey, hit back at the comments over Twitter. He said the way Biden talks about race is not constructive.

“This isn’t about a hoodie. It’s about a culture that sees a problem with a kid wearing a hoodie in the first place. Our nominee needs to have the language to talk about race in a far more constructive way,” Booker said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/booker-bashes-biden-for-hoodie-remark
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Booker bashes Biden for 'hoodie' remark
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 01:49:23 pm »
When I see a kid in a hoodie when it's 100 deg outside my immediate reaction is to make sure my sidearm is in place.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Booker bashes Biden for 'hoodie' remark
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 04:13:50 pm »
When I see a kid in a hoodie when it's 100 deg outside my immediate reaction is to make sure my sidearm is in place.

My 1st thought is he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.