Author Topic: Bowe Bergdahl Seeking New Trial or Clemency Due to Trump Comments  (Read 282 times)

rangerrebew

Bowe Bergdahl Seeking New Trial or Clemency Due to Trump Comments

28 Jun 2019
Military.com | By Patricia Kime

FORT BELVOIR, Virginia -- The Army's Court of Criminal Appeals heard arguments Thursday in the ongoing case of Bowe Bergdahl, with the former soldier's attorneys contending that the case should be reconsidered or Berghdahl should be granted clemency because President Donald Trump's comments and tweets tainted the proceedings.

Bergdahl, the soldier who left his post in Afghanistan in 2009 and was held captive by a Taliban affiliate for five years, was sentenced in 2017 to reduction in rank from sergeant to private, forfeiture of $10,000 in pay and a dishonorable discharge.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/06/28/bowe-bergdahl-seeking-new-trial-or-clemency-due-trump-comments.html

rangerrebew

Re: Bowe Bergdahl Seeking New Trial or Clemency Due to Trump Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 11:10:42 am »
Is an execution considered clemency? :whistle:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 03:41:46 pm »
Quote from: Article
Bergdahl, the soldier who left his post in Afghanistan in 2009 and was held captive by a Taliban affiliate for five years, was sentenced in 2017 to reduction in rank from sergeant to private, forfeiture of $10,000 in pay and a dishonorable discharge.

I think that sad sack got off pretty easy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 06:36:23 pm »
I still say wander off and held captive is bullshit! Should have been desertion in time of war and summary execution.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 09:25:09 pm »
I still say wander off and held captive is bullshit! Should have been desertion in time of war and summary execution.

I agree. (And by the way...that is a beautiful Lab on your sig line)