Author Topic: Buttigieg's Knee-jerk Compulsion to Scold Christians Pops Up Again at Second Debate  (Read 281 times)

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
now, this was one of the few moments last night in which I wasn't laughing.....  this little queer pissed me off at this point...  searching for the full remarks, this article just has a snippet of it...

Buttigieg's Knee-jerk Compulsion to Scold Christians Pops Up Again at Second Debate
By Monica Showalter

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/buttigiegs_kneejerk_compulsion_to_scold_christians_pops_up_again_at_second_debate.html

Excerpt:

But then, then, then, then...he couldn't stop himself.  The transcript:
    We have to talk about one other thing, the Republican Party likes to cloak itself in the language of religion. Now, our party doesn't talk about that as much, largely for a very good reason, which was we are committed to the separation of church and state. We stand for people of any religion and no religion. But we should call out hypocrisy, for a party that associates itself with Christianity."

Buttigieg whipped out for about the umpteenth time his unsolicited opinion about just how un-Christian all those inadequate, wicked, dare-I-say sinful Christians out there really are, hooking his argument up to the border surge issue.  Gotcha.  Bad Christians.  Not like good-Christian me, that paragon of all virtue-signals.

It was about as attractive as a fart in church.

-- video at link

Offline EdJames

here's the rest of it....

“And for a party that associates itself with Christianity to say that it is ok, to suggest that God would smile on the division of families at the hands of federal agents, that God would condone putting children in cages has lost all claim to ever use religious language again.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Buttigieg's bigotry against practicing Christians.

Online roamer_1

here's the rest of it....

“And for a party that associates itself with Christianity to say that it is ok, to suggest that God would smile on the division of families at the hands of federal agents, that God would condone putting children in cages has lost all claim to ever use religious language again.”

One wonders which god it is to which he refers...
Certainly not YHWH - He's most definitely a law-and-order kinda guy...

Offline EdJames

If you watch the video at the link, you can see the evil pouring through his smirk.....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
His act doesn't play well in flyover country where the bitter clingers live and breath and support Chic-fil-A.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And this suprises anyone? Liberalism is a self-righteous cult of moral outrage stuck somewhere in 12th century Spanish Inquisition mode.

Sitting at the top seat in our govt is like being head of a major reliigon. These people think pope-like powers go with the Presidency.

Burn the witches Republicans! Burn them!
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Buttdigger has delivered his sermon and he gets to judge who can be Christian. I think the more people see of him, the worse he'll do.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline EdJames

Buttdigger has delivered his sermon and he gets to judge who can be Christian. I think the more people see of him, the worse he'll do.

I think that is true for all of them!!