Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg's military bragging is wearing thin  (Read 251 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pete Buttigieg's military bragging is wearing thin
« on: June 28, 2019, 03:46:15 pm »
Pete Buttigieg's military bragging is wearing thin
by Eddie Scarry
 | June 28, 2019 07:40 AM

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg talks about his brief stint in Afghanistan as if he's the next John McCain.

Although everyone should be grateful for his six months abroad as a computer guy, it's time he give up the act.

Buttigieg did a service to this country, there's no question. But to put forth his time as a key pusher who attended meetings as though it were his own Vietnam is obnoxious at the least, unseemly at the worst.

At the conclusion of the Democratic primary debate on Thursday, Buttigieg, summoning the soul of a high-school thespian, said, "Nothing about politics is theoretical for me. I've had the experience of writing a letter to my family, putting it in an envelope, marking it 'just in case,' and leaving it where they would know where to find it in case I didn’t come back from Afghanistan.”

You'd think the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, was renowned for diving on top of grenades when in fact he was dragging and dropping computer documents.

The Hill in May reported that Buttigieg spent all of six months in Afghanistan, from mid-March to mid-September of 2014. He didn't even miss Christmas at home. In his time there, he “coordinated intelligence sharing and targeting deconfliction” methods across military operations.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/pete-buttigiegs-military-bragging-is-wearing-thin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34