Author Topic: Supreme Court to decide future of DACA protections for undocumented immigrants  (Read 1082 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Washington (CNN) — The Supreme Court said Friday it will review next term President Donald Trump's decision to terminate an Obama-era program that protects hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants who came to the US as children, setting up a potential decision in the heart of the 2020 presidential election.

A decision siding with the administration could strip protections for some 700,000 so-called Dreamers.

The justices have been considering whether to take up the case for months, while allowing renewals for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program to continue, even as the Trump administration cracked down on issues related to immigration. Renewals for the program will continue as the court considers the case.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/06/28/politics/daca-supreme-court/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

With Roberts as the new swing vote on the court I'm sure the decision will be confusingly schizophrenic.

Offline rustynail

Roberts to the rescue.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Busily looking in the penumbras of the Constitution for anything that says a sitting president cannot rescind an order of a previous president.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Busily looking in the penumbras of the Constitution for anything that says a sitting president cannot rescind an order of a previous president.

And if that doesn't work, looking at penumbras of penumbras, and taking it to three derivations out if necessary.

And if that doesn't work, question the sincerity and ignore the lawful authority.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And if that doesn't work, looking at penumbras of penumbras, and taking it to three derivations out if necessary.

And if that doesn't work, question the sincerity and ignore the lawful authority.

That does seem to be the case.  By any means necessary comes to mind.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien