Author Topic: Fact Check: U.S. Taxpayers Pay $18.5B a Year for Healthcare for Illegal Aliens  (Read 434 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by John Binder 6/27/2019

As 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidates advocate having American taxpayers provide free health care for illegal aliens, U.S. citizens are already paying billions every year for the expenditure.

Current federal policy is to prohibit federal tax funding of health care to unauthorized immigrants through either Medicaid or Obamacare. Nevertheless, rough estimates suggest that the nation’s 3.9 million uninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers, another $3.0 bankrolled through “cost-shifting” i.e., higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care. [Emphasis added]

In addition to these amounts, unauthorized immigrants likely benefit from at least $0.9 billion in implicit federal subsidies due to the tax exemption for nonprofit hospitals and another $5.7 billion in tax expenditures from the employer tax exclusion. [Emphasis added]

All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year. Of this total, federal taxpayers provided $11.2 billion in subsidized care to unauthorized immigrants in 2016. [Emphasis added]

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/27/fact-check-u-s-taxpayers-pay-18-5b-a-year-for-healthcare-for-illegal-aliens/

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The illegals just keep rolling in and nothing is being done!  The MSM made the father and child in the river a huge focus.  Yes it is a tragedy, but the real tragedy is the amount of $$ that taxpayers are forced into paying to support illegals.  That $$ to support them is only a magnet that draws them here and more tragedies will occur.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Anyone that has stepped foot into any metro hospital knows full well that illegal invading aliens are receiving medical in our emergency rooms.  Half the people sitting there are illegals.  And it is only going to get worse.  And that is exactly what the Dems want.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The illegals just keep rolling in and nothing is being done!  The MSM made the father and child in the river a huge focus.  Yes it is a tragedy, but the real tragedy is the amount of $$ that taxpayers are forced into paying to support illegals.  That $$ to support them is only a magnet that draws them here and more tragedies will occur.

I read on the Border Patrol news that they revived a guy that would have died.  There isn't one news report that says that guy was in fear for his life or the life of his family.  The family only says that the father had wanted to take his daughter to live in America to give her a better life.  Nobody forced him to take the baby across the Rio Grande.  He could have gone home.

The better life they are looking for is a better life than American Citizens have.  We roll out the red carpet for these people with the freebies.  They come knowing that others in their families are receiving free health care, cash assistance, housing, food.  And they know that they are going to have enough money to send to their families at home.  That is what drove him to drag that little girl into the river.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-media-release/border-patrol-agents-revive-drowned-teen

They aren't reporting that.  They only report what is benefits them.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 04:06:06 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.