Author Topic: Tillerson: Kushner conducted diplomacy behind my back  (Read 258 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tillerson: Kushner conducted diplomacy behind my back
« on: June 28, 2019, 01:59:34 am »
I have not seen any Rex Tillerson articles here today, if I see previous ones, I will post this.

This is some story, Tillerson happened to see Kushner dining out with a foreign dignitary at the same restaurant, read for details.

Tillerson: Kushner conducted diplomacy behind my back

Former United States Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has said in a testimony that President Donald Trump's son-in-law conducted diplomacy behind his back when he was in the administration, leading to a number of embarrassing incidents.

Tillerson, who was fired by Trump in March 2018, recounted a number of embarrassing incidents to the House Foreign Affairs Committee last month involving Jared Kushner, according to a transcript of a congressional hearing released on Thursday.

The former top US diplomat and CEO of ExxonMobil happened to be dining in the same restaurant while Kushner and Mexican Secretary of Foreign Affairs Luis Videgaray were having a private meal.

Read more at: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/06/tillerson-kushner-conducted-diplomacy-190627185538439.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Tillerson: Kushner conducted diplomacy behind my back
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 02:13:37 am »
This story was linked at above story, I certainly never knew this from 2018, Rex did a pretty darn good job!
Rex Tillerson stopped Saudi and UAE from 'attacking' Qatar
1 Aug 2018

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates planned to launch a military operation against Qatar at the beginning of a diplomatic crisis that erupted in June last year but were stopped by former US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in an act that may have played a key role in his dismissal.

According to the investigative news website The Intercept, the plan involved Saudi ground troops crossing the land border into Qatar, and with military support from the UAE, advancing 100km inland and seizing the Qatari capital.

Based on information it said it received from a current member of the US intelligence community and two former Department of State officials, The Intercept said the coup, which was largely devised by Saudi Arabia and the UAE's crown princes, "was likely some weeks away from being implemented".

Read more at: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/08/rex-tillerson-stopped-saudi-uae-attacking-qatar-180801125651449.html

Remarkable.