Author Topic: Attorneys for Roy Moore accuser say he 'likely failed' polygraph test  (Read 816 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Attorneys for Roy Moore accuser say he 'likely failed' polygraph test
By Justin Wise - 07/01/19 08:22 PM EDT

Attorneys for one of the women who made sexual misconduct accusations against former and current Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) said in a lawsuit filing Monday that Moore "likely failed" a December 2017 polygraph test he took over the case.

Leigh Corfman's lawyers filed the motion in Montgomery County Circuit Court as part of a larger effort to reopen the deposition Moore gave in a defamation lawsuit Corfman filed against him in 2018, according to Al.com.

Corfman has accused Moore, a former Alabama Supreme Court chief justice, of sexually molesting her in 1979 when she was 14 and he was 32. Moore has fiercely denied the accusations, which first surfaced in his unsuccessful Senate campaign against Sen. Doug Jones (R-Ala.) in 2017.

Al.com noted that Moore took a polygraph test in conjunction with a lawsuit to stop Alabama from certifying Jones's special election victory.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/451265-attorneys-for-roy-moore-accuser-say-he-likely-failed-polygraph-test
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Rats' timing is way off.  It's not the 11th hour.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I remember when I was all behind this guy during his fight for Ten Commandments.  I do believe that the Lord can forgive anyone who asks, regardless of the sin.  If there is anything that is so detestable to me it is pedophilia.  I heard people on here making arguments that people married at that age at some point in our history.  But the age gap here is very disturbing.  If he did it he should not be surprised that people will still raise the issue.  They are not God, and will hold their own opinions.  I guess its up to the people of his own state whether they vote for him.

Even so it seems that morality is not a factor in politics any longer.  Look at Trump.  The argument was we aren't hiring a pastor.  Nothing seems to be off limits. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
First off, what do they mean, "likely?" Do they have the results or not?

Second, for the umpteenth time, polygraph results are not permissible in a court of law.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Second, for the umpteenth time, polygraph results are not permissible in a court of law.

These people are not concerned with a courtroom in the least. They have a lot of willing accomplices in the media who will parrot anything they tell them without an ounce of fact checking.  "Likely" is a weasel word. Doesn't mean a damned thing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:20:38 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I feel the same way...did he or didn't he...just don't assume!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
These people are not concerned with a courtroom in the least. They have a lot of willing accomplices in the media who will parrot anything they tell them with an ounce of fact checking.  "Likely" is a weasel word. Doesn't mean a damned thing.

Absolutely. 

(Just take a look at the source!!)

wink777

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Seems like a good case for slander if they don't have any proof.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Prolly don't have them, but playing psyops and sowing the seeds of doubt with weasel words.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Prolly don't have them, but playing psyops and sowing the seeds of doubt with weasel words.
One would think that any competent judge would see right through such dubious language and throw the case right out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Big Al (dot) com with another attempted smear piece with a zilch story.

Her lawyers have done a good job of keeping her as a political pawn piece and still in the game, they keep dragging their feet and will not let her testify (cause she can't pinpoint some facts in her story that would blow her case out of the water)... So they keep her playing their game instead of actually proving anything.

Hey Leigh Corfman, just freaking answer the questions, was it a house or a trailer you claim you were taken to? Was it a gravel driveway or paved? Why did you claim you saw a TV when it was well know Moore did not have a TV at that time. Just give your deposition instead of trying to gleam the answers first from Moore... or just admit it was just a political smear and nothing more than  a hatchet job on a good man.

Also Al (dot) com (or B'ham news)... why don't you ask Leigh about her lie detector test... opps she didn't take one.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have taken one of these in the past.
Voodoo is 'likely' more scientific.
Never again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Did anyone give Moore's accusers a polygraph test?

And it is possible to be telling the truth and still fail a polygraph.  Those tests are not 100% reliable.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did anyone give Moore's accusers a polygraph test?

And it is possible to be telling the truth and still fail a polygraph.  Those tests are not 100% reliable.
Yes. The interpretation of the results is subjective. Some people give clear reactions which indicate they are lying, others do not, still others can give a 'false positive'. It is not sufficiently accurate to be considered evidential, it's more of a fishing device, trying to break someone to get a confession of some wrongdoing.

If you are intelligent enough, you can read too much into a question and have problems with simple 'yes or no' answers which really aren't necessarily all that simple.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
First off, what do they mean, "likely?"

It always remains a possibility that he will fail the next polygraph test.
Countdown to Resignation