Author Topic: Van Hollen proposes raising estate tax to boost Social Security  (Read 403 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Van Hollen proposes raising estate tax to boost Social Security
By Victoria Scott - 06/25/19 08:09 PM EDT

Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) on Tuesday unveiled legislation that would boost the estate tax to raise funds to shore up Social Security.

Van Hollen's "Strengthen Social Security by Taxing Dynastic Wealth Act" would undo President Trump's tax law's treatment of estate taxes, restoring the estate and gift tax to their 2009 levels.

"In 2017, Republicans in Congress secured their latest massive giveaway on the estate tax – delivering a $4.4 million tax cut per couple to just 1,900 estates in the entire country at the same time they refused to support vital national priorities. That was unconscionable, and we must return the estate tax to a more reasonable level,” said Van Hollen in a statement on the bill.

“I can think of no better way to use ... that revenue than to strengthen Social Security," he added.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/450353-van-hollen-proposes-raising-estate-tax-to-boost-social-security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Van Hollen proposes raising estate tax to boost Social Security
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 02:07:37 am »
It's a good thing I decided to take it all with me.  My son is a little upset that I sold the old Casa, and plan on burning this Castillo down on the way out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 04:42:50 am »
It's a good thing I decided to take it all with me.  My son is a little upset that I sold the old Casa, and plan on burning this Castillo down on the way out.

He is what... 33? 
I had a come to Jesus discussion with mine last week.    Long story short... My coffin has no pockets.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:47:58 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 10:21:59 am »

My kids have been informed of my financial plan: my goal is for my last check to bounce.

Millions of younger folks aren’t going to be happy when they find out their inheritance will be zip after the reverse mortgage is paid.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.