General Category > Military/Defense News

Iranian radars and missile batteries were proposed targets, military officials said

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
Iranian radars and missile batteries were proposed targets, military officials said
By: Lolita Baldor and Deb Riechmann, The Associated Press  

WASHINGTON — The United States made preparations for a military strike against Iran in retaliation for the downing of a U.S. surveillance drone, but the operation was abruptly called off with just hours to go, President Donald Trump confirmed in a Tweet this morning.

“On Monday they shot down an unmanned drone flying in International Waters,”the Trump Tweeted. “We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new, and ready to go, by far the best in the world. Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2019/06/21/us-prepped-for-strikes-on-iran-before-approval-was-withdrawn/

rangerrebew:
Is this supposed to be a surprise of some sort?  What did the media think Trump would do, bomb aspirin factories or Chinese embassies like Bile Clinton did? :shrug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version