Author Topic: Washington owes Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch an apology By Jonathan Turley  (Read 955 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Washington owes Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch an apology
By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 06/25/19 10:00 AM EDT

“In our constitutional order, a vague law is no law at all.” Those words began one of the most important decisions of this Supreme Court term, in United States v. Davis. In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court sided with a habitual offender in striking down an ambiguous provision allowing enhanced penalties for a “crime of violence.”

The author of that sweeping decision in favor of a criminal defendant’s rights was Justice Neil Gorsuch, President Trump’s first nominee to the Supreme Court. I testified at Gorsuch’s Senate hearing in 2017, favoring his confirmation despite unrelenting attacks on him being a “rubber stamp” and an ideologue. Gorsuch has proven his detractors wrong and, as this term already has proven, he has emerged as one of the most consistent, courageous and principled voices on the Supreme Court. Indeed, a number of senators and pundits in Washington owe Gorsuch an apology for their attacks on someone who is building a legacy that could be one of the most lasting on the Supreme Court.

Gorsuch has been fascinating to watch the last two years. He has departed repeatedly from the right of the Supreme Court to do what he considers to be the right thing. He remains a conservative justice but, like predecessor Antonin Scalia, he has shown a sense of his own “true north” judicial compass. In doing so, he has often made both the left and right of the Supreme Court seem shallow and predictable in their rigidity.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/450163-washington-owes-supreme-court-justice-neil-gorsuch-an-apology
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Congress desperately needs to start doing its damned JOB!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Congress desperately needs to start doing its damned JOB!

Be careful what you wish for!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Since this is Turley, I take this to mean he expects Gorsuch to be a reliable leftist Justice.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Be careful what you wish for!

If Congress actually did what they've stacked the Courts to do, they'd take a lot more heat when they get things wrong.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: