Author Topic: DEATH WISH? Pope calls for new Catholic theological curriculum: Teaching students to view Muslims as  (Read 521 times)

rangerrebew

DEATH WISH? Pope calls for new Catholic theological curriculum: Teaching students to view Muslims as brothers

Pope Francis calls on the faithful to be as blind to real life dangers as he is. When he’s not pushing global warming and open borders, he’s pushing partnership and brotherhood with Islam.

ABC News (h/t Gateway Pundit) reported: Pope Francis called Friday for a reform of the way theology is taught in Catholic schools, saying students must learn about dialogue with Islam, and that overall there must be greater freedom in theological research and academic pursuits.

The Jesuit pope made the call during a speech at the Jesuit-run theology university in Naples. It follows his outreach this year to the Muslim world with the signing of a joint statement with the imam of Cairo’s Al Azhar, the seat of Sunni learning, establishing the relationship between Catholics and Muslims as brothers, with a common mission to promote peace.

https://barenakedislam.com/2019/06/22/death-wish-pope-calls-for-new-catholic-theological-curriculum-teaching-students-to-view-muslims-as-brothers/

Offline Victoria33

DEATH WISH? Pope calls for new Catholic theological curriculum: Teaching students to view Muslims as brothers.

Pope Francis calls on the faithful to be as blind to real life dangers as he is. ABC News (h/t Gateway Pundit) reported: Pope Francis called Friday for a reform of the way theology is taught in Catholic schools, saying students must learn about dialogue with Islam, and that overall there must be greater freedom in theological research and academic pursuits.  The Jesuit pope made the call during a speech at the Jesuit-run theology university in Naples. It follows his outreach this year to the Muslim world with the signing of a joint statement with the imam of Cairo’s Al Azhar, the seat of Sunni learning, establishing the relationship between Catholics and Muslims as brothers, with a common mission to promote peace.
@rangerrebew

Every modern Pope calls for peace across the world.  Pope Francis, as other Popes have, wants Muslims and Christians to have peace with each other.  He is not going to say Christians should kill Muslims; Muslims should kill Christians - he is calling for each group to know about each other's beliefs and live in peace together.  This is the goal even if it cannot/will not happen.

Offline Absalom

Since the 7th century, Roman Catholicism and Islam have been adversaries.
Islam, an intolerant belief system, is actively hostile to all contrarian sentiments.
That it's the choice of virtually every third world country says volumes about its
lack of intellectual integrity and seriousness.
Predictably, an intellectual zero such as Frankie Boy remains oblivious.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This pope obviously isn't Catholic.
So... then... what -is- he....?

(a "brother" to the muslims... or... something closer?)

Offline Absalom

This pope obviously isn't Catholic.
So... then... what -is- he....?

(a "brother" to the muslims... or... something closer?)
--------------------------
Likely a Peronista who was infatuated w/Evita?????

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

For the past thousand years, the Roman Catholic Church has barely embraced the Orthodox Church, and these two denominations for all intents and purposes are identical.

To forge ahead a brotherly relationship with such a radical religion as Islam is indeed suicidal as they have very little in common with one another.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I certainly hope this so called 'Pope' is healthy and well.
It would be a shame if something were to happen to him.

While Mecca Worshippers are slaughtering, raping, torturing, and making slaves of Christians worldwide, this Urkel moron wants to be 'friends' with them.  It is more apparent than ever that he has some kind of affinity toward Islam. And it could not come at a worse time, while Islam is making their move to conquer Christianity.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I certainly hope this so called 'Pope' is healthy and well.
It would be a shame if something were to happen to him.

While Mecca Worshippers are slaughtering, raping, torturing, and making slaves of Christians worldwide, this Urkel moron wants to be 'friends' with them.  It is more apparent than ever that he has some kind of affinity toward Islam. And it could not come at a worse time, while Islam is making their move to conquer Christianity.

Well said  @240B .  You nailed it!    888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien