Author Topic: A civil war is coming for the Democratic Party — and it won't be pretty  (Read 364 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A civil war is coming for the Democratic Party — and it won't be pretty
Saritha Prabhu, Columnist Published 6:00 a.m. ET June 23, 2019

Brace yourself; there is a civil war coming soon in the Democratic Party.

At the heart of today’s Democratic Party is an identity crisis and an ideological struggle.  In recent election cycles, these were pushed underground for the sake of party unity.

We heard the first rumblings of it during the 2016 election when Bernie Sanders gave Hillary Clinton a serious run for her money.

And now those differences threaten to come out in the open during the upcoming primary debates at an importunate moment when the party needs to unite to defeat President Trump.

But now is as good a time as any to solve the identity crisis in the party.

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/06/23/democratic-party-civil-war-donald-trump-column/1525623001/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
In USA Today? 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A schism in the dim party is pretty likely (IMO) I just don't see the Biden wing and the whacko Bernie, AOC, Warren factions comng to any kind of consensus on candiate, VP, or platform.  I say there is probably a 50-75% chance that one of these socialst whackos gets their dandruff up, and springs a well funded 3rd party run. 

And that is the best case scenario for Trump in 2020.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Not so much "a civil war", but instead a purge.

Of those who remain who aren't "ideologically pure enough"...