Author Topic: Obama misled Congress, tried and failed to give Iran secret access to US banks before the deal  (Read 495 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Obama misled Congress, tried and failed to give Iran secret access to US banks before the deal

The Obama administration secretly sought to give Iran access — albeit briefly — to the U.S. financial system by sidestepping sanctions kept in place after the 2015 nuclear deal, despite repeatedly telling Congress and the public it had no plans to do so.

An investigation by Senate Republicans released Wednesday sheds light on the delicate balance the Obama administration sought to strike after the deal.

Under Obama, the Treasury Department issued a license in February 2016, never previously disclosed, that would have allowed Iran to convert $5.7 billion it held at a bank in Oman from Omani rials into euros by exchanging them first into U.S. dollars.

The banks refused to deal with Iran despite Obama asking them to...

https://www.businessinsider.com/obama-misled-congress-secretly-broke-sanctions-for-iran-before-the-deal-2018-6?fbclid=IwAR3amLEFZBp4Jc4sPhYvN3sstYUqHndd7rj5wJIPpeGL0Gcb_zUCcchPuBM
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like something that only a traitor would do to his own country...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sounds like something that only a traitor would do to his own country...

Yeah!  Too bad so few are the least bit interested.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Zero is an enemy of the Republic. Sometimes, I am amazed that we survived eight years of his reign. Of course, there is the lasting damage he inflicted by loading up the civil service with his minions. He's not done with his attempt to fundamentally changing America-he's very busy colluding with our putative allies in Europe.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Zero is an enemy of the Republic. Sometimes, I am amazed that we survived eight years of his reign. Of course, there is the lasting damage he inflicted by loading up the civil service with his minions. He's not done with his attempt to fundamentally changing America-he's very busy colluding with our putative allies in Europe.

All true!  100%

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Zero is an enemy of the Republic. Sometimes, I am amazed that we survived eight years of his reign.
We only survived because Obama is stupid and lazy. He spent much more time golfing, on vacation, or partying, than he ever did working. And that is a good thing. I suspect that he was and is a drug addict on top of all that. White House Staff reports that most days he would not rouse until 11am or so. And then maybe, he would decide to allow his briefs to be read to him and actually do something in between golf and movies.

Obama's childishness and 'stoner mentality', and his incredible aversion to any kind of work saved America. He along with his surrogate mother Jarrett, did an unbelievable amount of damage to America and to the entire world. But had he been focused and determined instead of stoned and lazy, it could have been much worse.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm still convinced that the Mullahs in Iran bought the Whitehouse for Obama and Val Jar was and is his controller. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'm still convinced that the Mullahs in Iran bought the Whitehouse for Obama and Val Jar was and is his controller.

That's a possibility about the mullahs but a certainty about ValJar.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Regardless of any other possible issues, Valerie Jarrett was Obama's controller.
While Biden was there as a token White Guy with no influence or power, Jarrett was Obama's real vice President.

Biden once complained during his term as VP that he was never invited to any meetings and had no idea what was going on in the Obama administration. That is, they kept in the dark because they didn't want him to know what they were really doing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Regardless of any other possible issues, Valerie Jarrett was Obama's controller.
While Biden was there as a token White Guy with no influence or power, Jarrett was theObama's real vice President. Obama was just a figurehead that gave Val Jar the access she needed.

Biden once complained during his term as VP that he was never invited to any meetings and had no idea what was going on in the Obama administration. That is, they kept in the dark because they didn't want him to know what they were really doing.

Fixed it for you @240B

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So....Obastard was cheating on the deal even before Iran did?  Am I understanding this correctly?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So....Obastard was cheating on the deal even before Iran did?  Am I understanding this correctly?

You're a smart guy! 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: