Author Topic: Kushner reveals peace plan to inject $50 billion into Middle East economies  (Read 1604 times)

Bill Cipher

Where'd you get this idea @Bill Cipher ?  Here's what's proposed.

Who do you think controls all of those projects?  Who do you think gets a cut of each infrastructure project?  Please.  Even tightly-controlled US military projects in places like Iraq and Afghanistan are not immune to these sorts of shenanigans.  Running a bunch of civilian infrastructure projects through an international board is simply making at least 50% of the funds available for kickbacks and payola.

Ever heard of the U.N.?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Israeli's moved out of Gaza and built a wall.  The Israeli's did not forfeit control to Hamas or anyone else.

Really? Who is by Ismail Haniyeh and what was his job, over the last decade?

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who do you think controls all of those projects?  Who do you think gets a cut of each infrastructure project?  Please.  Even tightly-controlled US military projects in places like Iraq and Afghanistan are not immune to these sorts of shenanigans.  Running a bunch of civilian infrastructure projects through an international board is simply making at least 50% of the funds available for kickbacks and payola.

Ever heard of the U.N.?

I'm not sure of where the control will be ... except it won't be with the Palestinians and this has them shaking their heads "no" and demanding the political side of the proposal be addressed before the economic side.

I still say this is likely much ado about nothing.  Each side is too invested in the status quo to break free of it.  But this proposal is different and deserves a lengthy discussion and review by the players in the Middle East.   Generally speaking people who have jobs, an intact infrastructure, reliable utilities and a little daylight don't focus on sending firebombs attached to balloons across a border.  They've simply got better things to do.   :shrug:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I'm not sure of where the control will be ... except it won't be with the Palestinians and this has them shaking their heads "no" and demanding the political side of the proposal be addressed before the economic side.

I still say this is likely much ado about nothing.  Each side is too invested in the status quo to break free of it.  But this proposal is different and deserves a lengthy discussion and review by the players in the Middle East.   Generally speaking people who have jobs, an intact infrastructure, reliable utilities and a little daylight don't focus on sending firebombs attached to balloons across a border.  They've simply got better things to do.   :shrug:

Marie Harf, is that you?

Bill Cipher

You are either clueless, or intentionally ignoring the facts because this is something that Trump has proposed, and God forbid anything Trump proposes should be criticized. 

This will lead to graft and kickbacks on an epic scale, and most of that money will be skimmed off for the terrorists to use. 

Who do you think will be the construction companies running these projects?  I’m quite sure it won’t be the NYC offices of Tishman Speyer or any other reputable US construction company that is subject to US laws against paying bribes and kickbacks.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
This is what you get when you put a shifty NYC real estate developer in charge.

In Kushner's mind all you have to do is make sure you grease enough palms and get all of the stakeholders a piece of the action....  and voila!  New condo & retail development!!

Except in a case like this, you can't grease enough palms and get enough action for all of the stakeholders to overcome fanatical religious zealotry that makes them rather die than get in on the groundfloor of that wonderful urban renewal project....

You are either clueless, or intentionally ignoring the facts because this is something that Trump has proposed, and God forbid anything Trump proposes should be criticized. 

This will lead to graft and kickbacks on an epic scale, and most of that money will be skimmed off for the terrorists to use.   

LOL!  Of course it will.  I'm just assuming the estimate is factored into the total up front ....  but the terrorists are going to have to get in line behind Jordan, Saudi Arabia and probably Israel  :laugh:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 05:06:53 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

This is what you get when you put a shifty NYC real estate developer in charge.

In Kushner's mind all you have to do is make sure you grease enough palms and get all of the stakeholders a piece of the action....  and voila!  New condo & retail development!!

Except in a case like this, you can't grease enough palms and get enough action for all of the stakeholders to overcome fanatical religious zealotry that makes them rather die than get in on the groundfloor of that wonderful urban renewal project....

I am (truly) not a Kushner fan ... but I can't fault him for trying something new.... nothing else has worked.

I just hope "one and done" is really the number of proposals we'll waste our time on.   happy77

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Right in Va wrote:
"I can't fault him for trying something new.... nothing else has worked."

Nothing will EVER "work" to bring peace between the Gazans (they are NOT "Palestinians") and Israel.

Of every dollar sent there in this ridiculous proposal, 95 cents (or more) will go to the terrorists, militias, etc. Nothing of substance will ever be built.

As far as the Gazans are concerned, the only "peace" with the Jews is the one that will come after all the Jews are dead.

Offline berdie

Right in Va wrote:
"I can't fault him for trying something new.... nothing else has worked."

Nothing will EVER "work" to bring peace between the Gazans (they are NOT "Palestinians") and Israel.

Of every dollar sent there in this ridiculous proposal, 95 cents (or more) will go to the terrorists, militias, etc. Nothing of substance will ever be built.

As far as the Gazans are concerned, the only "peace" with the Jews is the one that will come after all the Jews are dead.

I agree. The Palistenians have had ample time and money to create a stable economy. That's not what they want.

I agree. The Palistenians have had ample time and money to create a stable economy. That's not what they want.

I'm unaware of this @berdie  I hate missing information.  Can you provide a couple of links or specifics?

Thanks.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm unaware of this

No you're not. You can start with all the money Arafat stole and the corruption that goes way back in the Palestinian Authority.

So far, Prince's team has determined that part of the Palestinian leader's wealth was in a secret portfolio worth close to $1 billion -- with investments in companies like a Coca-Cola bottling plant in Ramallah, a Tunisian cell phone company and venture capital funds in the U.S. and the Cayman Islands.

Although the money for the portfolio came from public funds like Palestinian taxes, virtually none of it was used for the Palestinian people; it was all controlled by Arafat. And, Prince says, none of these dealings were made public.

[snip]

Palestinians certainly paid dearly for something else Fayyad uncovered: a system of monopolies in commodities -- like flour and cement -- that Arafat handed out to his cronies, who then turned around and fleeced the public.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arafats-billions/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline berdie

Truthfully, @Right_in_Virginia  I debated answering this.  I thought you may have forgot the sarcasm tag.

But I read this board frequently. You are a very intelligent poster that seems to be pretty informed. So I can only assume that you  can look things up on your own. (why take my time?...or word)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Why is the USA responsible for creating peace in the Middle East?  I say back the hell out of hell, and end our financing of terror.  That's right, the USA is very much behind terror.  We back Saudi Arabia which is the epi-center of terror throughout the world. 

We are also providing aid to the Palestinians and every other country in the Middle East.  Our involvement has produced nothing remotely resembling peace.  End the nonsense now!

Offline libertybele

So, two points:

1) money will come from “donor nations”, which inevitably means the US taxpayer will be on the hook for several billion of that $50 billion; and

2) this will become nothing more than a giant slush fund for the crooks that pass for the government in Palestinian controlled areas (and, most likely, the other recipient states) and will almost certainly end up paying for the “martyr” pensions paid to the families of dead terrorists. 

Great ideas Kushner.  Only thing better would be to simply cut out the middle men and hand the $50 billion straight over to the terror organizations.

Agreed.  Kushner in charge of anything isn't good for this country.  This is being done is such away to make it appear that the $$ isn't funding terror organizations.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 06:53:31 pm by libertybele »
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.