Author Topic: Cornyn takes on climate change, says 'days of ignoring' emissions are over  (Read 1634 times)

Offline skeeter

I wonder why are any of them so worried about global Warming.  The earth warms and cools naturally.  And besides...……...the aliens in the cube vehicles are our biggest concern for the health of the world right now.

How else to you expect these DC clowns to attract the really big dough?

After all, there is nothing more important than coming away from your job 'representing the people' with your pockets stuffed with scrilla.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Forget ignoring emissions; just ignore Cornyn!!!
He has power.

It is foolishness to ignore someone who has power that can be exerted over you.

That is how the Democrats flourish.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

But he is up for re election.  Heard a rumor that Alan West is going to primary him.
While West is a good solid vet who embraces a lot of conservative views, am unsure whether he is the best one to consider.

For one thing he does not know Texas and issues important to Texans.  No matter how good you are, one must be representing his constituency, the people of Texas, and not just the nation-wide conservative issues solely.  Let the Dems have carpetbaggers come in like Hillary who had nothing to offer New Yorkers but got elected anyway strictly for what the Dems considered the 'National Good'.

For another thing, he has run in three elections and lost 2 of them.  We do not need a candidate who looks good on paper but who fails at the polls.

Sarah Palin is an example of this.  She brought little to enhance McCain's ticket (although I freely admit McCain himself dragged down the ticket).
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
While West is a good solid vet who embraces a lot of conservative views, am unsure whether he is the best one to consider.

For one thing he does not know Texas and issues important to Texans.  No matter how good you are, one must be representing his constituency, the people of Texas, and not just the nation-wide conservative issues solely.  Let the Dems have carpetbaggers come in like Hillary who had nothing to offer New Yorkers but got elected anyway strictly for what the Dems considered the 'National Good'.

For another thing, he has run in three elections and lost 2 of them.  We do not need a candidate who looks good on paper but who fails at the polls.

Sarah Palin is an example of this.  She brought little to enhance McCain's ticket (although I freely admit McCain himself dragged down the ticket).

Allen West has been a full-time resident of Texas for several years now and, for whatever it's worth, I would prefer him over just about anyone you might name.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

Sarah Palin is an example of this. 

Without Sarah Palin McCain would have been crushed.

Allen West has been a full-time resident of Texas for several years now and, for whatever it's worth, I would prefer him over just about anyone you might name.
Am not belittling him.  I do not know during his life in Texas how he has learned about important Texas issues.  Most do so by coming out of the state legislature or executive or the House prior to being a US Senator.  That's a lot of responsibility for just two seats to represent Texas in the Upper Chamber, so we need to make it count on our behalf.

My sense right now is West has focused on national issues, and I would like to hear more from him on what he desires for Texas.

And You gotta win elections, @Bigun
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:43:48 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »