Author Topic: Please, Jeff Sessions, For All That Is Holy, Run For Alabama Senate In 2020  (Read 387 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Please, Jeff Sessions, For All That Is Holy, Run For Alabama Senate In 2020
Matt Vespa

@mvespa1
|
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 5:10 PM

Alabama is an interesting state. It passed one of the most anti-abortion laws in the country, while also passing a gas tax. It has a Democratic senator filling the remainder of Sen. Jeff Sessions’ term, who resigned to become President Trump’s attorney general. He was fired a day after the 2018 midterms. Okay—for all those who are picky, he was asked to submit his resignation at the president’s request. Democrat Doug Jones won the 2017 special election, no thanks to Republican Roy Moore’s past allegation of sexual misconduct. Some of the victims were under the age of 18 at the time. That race was a disaster. And we could be hitting the iceberg again.

Make no mistake this seat should be heavily favored for the GOP in 2020. Jones won because Moore was a trash candidate. This race is ripe for the GOP to retake it. There aren’t many seats up for grabs on the 2020 Senate election map. Most of the states where Democrats are defending are deep blue states. For Jones, he doesn’t need to etch his political epitaph because Moore is going to run again (via AP):

Alabama Republican Roy Moore announced Thursday that he is running for U.S. Senate again in 2020 after failing to win the seat two years ago amid sexual misconduct accusations.

With his return to the political stage, Moore faces a crowded GOP primary field as he aims for an eventual rematch against Democratic Sen. Doug Jones, who bested him in the 2017 special election to fill the seat previously held by Jeff Sessions.

“I believe in America. I believe we’ve got to have politicians that go to Washington and do what they say,” Moore said during his announcement.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/06/20/please-jeff-sessions-for-all-that-is-holy-run-for-alabama-senate-in-2020-n2547090
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm sure he'd be every bit as good as a Senator as he was an Attorney General.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

I don't know, I thought he was a good Senator.
AG? not so much.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't know, I thought he was a good Senator.
AG? not so much.

I agree.  Different skill sets.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree.  Different skill sets.

They are indeed different skills.  I'm concerned there are enough Trump supporters who are mad at him for his application of those skills when he was AG refusing to vote for him to cause another needless loss.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They are indeed different skills.  I'm concerned there are enough Trump supporters who are mad at him for his application of those skills when he was AG refusing to vote for him to cause another needless loss.

Could well be.  I'm not sure I would vote for him, but for other reasons.

Offline rustynail

I'm sure he'd be every bit as good as a Senator as he was an Attorney General.
Say no more.

Offline corbe

He'd lose the seat. The majority of Trumpers would not vote for him just as they did to Cruz in the last election cycle.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
There must be a BETTER chooice for Alabama; a person which deserves support by Trump.. Crruz, McConnell and others.

(Moore and Sessions are yesterday's flawed players)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He's got to get thru the primary first, and looks to have decent competition.

Till he wins that, all the rest is speculation.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm thinking he turned out to be a bad AG because he was a "good" senator. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm thinking he turned out to be a bad AG because he was a "good" senator.

Exactly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   He'd lose the seat. The majority of Trumpers would not vote for him just as they did to Cruz in the last election cycle.

My point exactly.
I will NOT comply.