Author Topic: Roy Moore says he will run for Senate in Alabama  (Read 7619 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Roy Moore says he will run for Senate in Alabama
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2019, 09:53:45 pm »
Sorry to go back to this, but Conservatives need to identify and agree to the three most important issues …. rather than just a blanket "not conservative enough".  You may be discarding a candidate who meets your top three needs … and can win.

Just a thought.

Or they can choose a candidate that hits the mark every single freaking time instead of falsely dumping on them with the Deep State Smear Machine causing them to lose?

Just a thought. One may continue on with their wrap-up smear ("can't win", which all of us know isn't true). Roy wiped the board with some of the most powerful men in state the last election... then the deep state joined forces with the evil side.

Recently Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Representative Jim Jordan have come under attack for decades-old allegations.  Deep State politicians like Paul Ryan gave these allegations credence.  Ryan’s office released a statement about the charges against Jordan: "These are serious allegations and issues.”  The Deep State believes the people making these charges have the highest credibility....

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/06/the_deep_state_smear_machine_is_gearing_up_for_judge_moore_again.html?fbclid=IwAR0MPFNQxOXYVjIF3BbF9l7M-HREzJxS774faSjCqHgIe_ePt7ql3kG0RAw
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 09:58:22 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2019, 11:47:34 pm »

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1142038792049762305
Nikki Haley @NikkiHaley

Nikki Haley Retweeted Reuters Top News

Who in the world are his advisors? At what point does he think another run will have a different response. He does not represent our Republican Party.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2019, 12:17:18 am »

Who in the world are his advisors? At what point does he think another run will have a different response. He does not represent our Republican Party.
  You are not a member of the party.

come on..knock it off
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:41:24 am by mystery-ak »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2019, 12:20:14 am »
Here comes the GOP clown car; just to prove that the DNC isn’t the only party that can run idiots. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2019, 12:39:45 am »
Some random thoughts on Mr. Moore...

If Alabama Republicans want Judge Moore to be the candidate again, well, fine -- it's their choice. Only this time, they'd better turn out in numbers strong enough to actually elect him (recall that last time he lost by a relatively narrow vote count).

Having said that, I sense Mr. Moore would prove to be about as solidly-conservative a Senator as we could want in the Senate. An "all-but guaranteed" vote "the right way", every time.

Having said THAT, I believe Mr. Moore (kind of like Joe Arpaio) is just getting a little too old to be elected to a 6-year term (after which he'd no doubt seek re-election). I'd really prefer someone younger.

And having said all o' that, I'd be happy to see Judge Moore elected.
I'd vote for him if I could.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:10:20 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2019, 01:15:04 am »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2019, 06:36:05 am »
I love these fools who prefer to lose big than accept a basic victory.

Roy Moore gets nominated...we lose the Senate...no more conservative judges are approved. Any idiot who thinks that doesn't matter...a lot...is too dumb to have the right to cast a vote.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2019, 07:25:58 am »

Roy Moore gets nominated...we lose the Senate...no more conservative judges are approved. Any idiot who thinks that doesn't matter...a lot...is too dumb to have the right to cast a vote.

Does that mean I am off your Christmas Card list? And I had baked you a Fruitcake too.

Being I doubt you ever met the man or bothered to go to a local tea party to listen to the him speak probable has clouded your feelings. Yet you feel confident enough to call folks stupid fools (idiots). Do you know how silly that sounds to us folks in Alabama. I would never dump like folks have here on someone this a proven to the hilt conservative of the kind that is rarely seen now days... I am beginning to thing the GOPe here is deeper than I suspected.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:30:59 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2019, 09:59:57 am »
Does that mean I am off your Christmas Card list? And I had baked you a Fruitcake too.

Being I doubt you ever met the man or bothered to go to a local tea party to listen to the him speak probable has clouded your feelings. Yet you feel confident enough to call folks stupid fools (idiots). Do you know how silly that sounds to us folks in Alabama. I would never dump like folks have here on someone this a proven to the hilt conservative of the kind that is rarely seen now days... I am beginning to thing the GOPe here is deeper than I suspected.

If you wish to support this loser have at it. But to blame the GOPe or Deep State for this loser losing an easy election is old and tiresome.

Also the war on the GOPe is moronic and old.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2019, 10:18:47 am »

I’m not sure what you’re saying, here. We still have a majority, without the AL seat. Moore being the candidate won’t cause losses in other 2020 races.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2019, 10:32:24 am »

I’m not sure what you’re saying, here. We still have a majority, without the AL seat. Moore being the candidate won’t cause losses in other 2020 races.

Never forfeit a race.  Ever.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2019, 11:12:39 am »
Somebody wake up Jeff Sessions.

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2019, 11:39:57 am »
Somebody wake up Jeff Sessions.

Good luck with that.  :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2019, 01:06:13 pm »

Darn!  I guess I'm off that list as well!  How will I ever survive! /s

You are more than right about the depth of the GOPe here. It's patently obvious!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2019, 01:47:52 pm »
Aw, come on, @Bigun  To support your POV one has to overlook Moore's statewide loss in 2018 was his third, not his first -- and believe Moore is the only conservative in the state of Alabama.

I'm having a hard time deciding which is more ridiculous.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2019, 02:15:28 pm »

Bingo

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2019, 05:10:15 pm »

Exactly
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2019, 05:58:44 pm »
Never forfeit a race.  Ever.

Yet yall are the ones doing your best to do just that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2019, 06:02:59 pm »

A point that sails right over there head.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2019, 06:32:17 pm »

Why?  Because many here would prefer to see a conservative candidate who's not running for his fourth consecutive loss?

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2019, 06:34:17 pm »
A point that sails right over there head.

The point of running a three time loser certainly does...   :shrug:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2019, 09:32:53 pm »
No. The ones doing that are the ones that are insisting that they will not accept anyone except the one person who caused us to lose this seat to the Democrats in the first place.

Alabama has one of the biggest Republican-to-Democrat voter advantages in the United States. Only a fool would insist on running the one Republican who managed to lose a statewide race in the state. Rehashing Roy Moore when he has proven the only person in Alabama capable of losing would be political suicide, and any God-fearing conservative has a responsibility to make sure that the Alabama Republican Party does not put their head back in that noose.

This is like if the Democrats insisted on running Hillary Clinton again in 2020.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2019, 09:48:31 pm »
No. The ones doing that are the ones that are insisting that they will not accept anyone except the one person who caused us to lose this seat to the Democrats in the first place.

Alabama has one of the biggest Republican-to-Democrat voter advantages in the United States. Only a fool would insist on running the one Republican who managed to lose a statewide race in the state. Rehashing Roy Moore when he has proven the only person in Alabama capable of losing would be political suicide, and any God-fearing conservative has a responsibility to make sure that the Alabama Republican Party does not put their head back in that noose.

This is like if the Democrats insisted on running Hillary Clinton again in 2020.

I'm sure that Alabama voters will take note of your wishes and those of the GOPe as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2019, 10:42:50 pm »
The point of running a three time loser certainly does...   :shrug:

Thank God for Democrat dirty tricks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2019, 08:48:21 am »
Darn!  I guess I'm off that list as well!  How will I ever survive! /s

You are more than right about the depth of the GOPe here. It's patently obvious!
Well, me, too. I'm still having a hard time rooting for the muckety-mucks who decided I didn't need to voice my opinion during the last Presidential Primary season.
In fact, I just can't.
Roll Tide! Good luck y'all, and choose your own to represent you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis