Author Topic: State: Dearborn employee fired for anti-Muslim remarks did not commit misconduct  (Read 342 times)

rangerrebew

State: Dearborn employee fired for anti-Muslim remarks did not commit misconduct

Niraj Warikoo, Detroit Free Press Published 6:01 a.m. ET June 19, 2019 | Updated 8:13 a.m. ET June 19, 2019

The state of Michigan has determined that a former city of Dearborn employee who was fired for making anti-Muslim remarks online did not commit misconduct and is eligible to receive unemployment benefits.

Bill Larion, 58, was terminated by the city last month after he posted on Facebook insulting remarks about a Muslim woman who was the first swimsuit model in Sports Illustrated to wear hijab and cover herself in accordance with Islamic beliefs.

Larion posted in reference to a photo of the model, Halima Aden, that appeared in the iconic swimsuit issue: "Cute picture should be on the cover of Camels are us."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/06/19/sports-illustrated-halima-aden-bill-larion-anti-muslim-remarks/1485029001/

rangerrebew

No problem for Dearbornistan!  They'll find a liberal judge, file suit, and the Gonadless person in black will overturn the state. :judge:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Cute picture should be on the cover of Camels are us."

Now that is funny right there, I don't care if you are a Muzzie
 888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

And he got fired for THAT ??

Folks...
Who's winning...?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Now that is funny right there, I don't care if you are a Muzzie
 888high58888

Damned right!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
There'll be a lot more of this kind of shit as islamists continue to gain footholds in gov't.

When they're appointed as judges that can preside over Constitutional issues will be when this nation is truly sunk.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.