State Chapters > California

Downtown LA woman leads effort to recall Mayor Eric Garcetti due to frustration over homelessness

(1/1)

TomSea:

--- Quote ---Downtown LA woman leads effort to recall Mayor Eric Garcetti due to frustration over homelessness
By ERIC HEINZ

LOS ANGELES — A group of residents upset over the rise in homelessness in the city will formally begin a drive Wednesday to recall Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, an effort a mayoral spokesman called an unfortunate political stunt.

“The homeless situation is in a state of emergency, and everything that we’ve done has not worked,” Alexandra Datig, the leader of the recall effort, told City News Service. “At this point, I think we need an intervention, and we need to recall this mayor.”

Datig created the website www.recallthelamayor.com, which posts news articles and broadcast clips on homelessness in Los Angeles, and also outlines her reasons for why she believes Garcetti should be removed from office.

Read more at: https://www.dailynews.com/2019/06/19/downtown-la-woman-leads-effort-to-recall-mayor-eric-garcetti-due-to-frustration-over-homelessness/
--- End quote ---

I don't know if Mayor Garcetti is responsible but this story has hit the national news about the "recall".

Hoodat:

--- Quote ---"The homeless situation is in a state of emergency, and everything that we’ve done has not worked,” 
--- End quote ---

Nonsense.  Everything that you have done has worked perfectly at increasing homelessness.  Subsidize something, and you get more of if.

dfwgator:

--- Quote from: TomSea on June 19, 2019, 05:45:48 pm ---I don't know if Mayor Garcetti is responsible but this story has hit the national news about the "recall".

--- End quote ---

The folks who voted for him are responsible.   "You broke it, you bought it!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version