Author Topic: Trump says supporters could 'demand' he not leave office after two terms  (Read 10717 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well @jmyrlefuller aren't you the <Insults removed>.  Next time you choose to use me in an effort to shore up your <Insults removed> ping me.
We all know you will defend anything the President says, no matter how right or wrong. That, by definition, is sycophantry. If me pointing that out is such an offense to you that it warrants being called an <Insults removed>, then may I suggest applying for the open Press Secretary job where your skills would be put to better use?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As for why I didn't ping... well... usually these kinds of headlines draw a response anyway, so I figured it wasn't necessary. As it turns out, I was right.

Offline libertybele

No worries.  You're the only ones talking about this.  Relax.

Yep ... now worries.   Obviously you're reading it as well!  :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ordinarily this is where I drop a comment about staying on topic, but sometimes this really is the topic.  Let's just keep the insults down...

:shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Trump has this down to an art form.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Trump has this down to an art form.
There's a difference between misspelling words in your tweets to get a rise out of critics looking for gotchas in the most trivial of places... and deliberately hinting at confirming something that, for literally anyone else, would be outlandish.

When Pelosi says something like that, you probably shouldn't reply "Maybe I should!"

Offline Applewood

Why not? He has made the case before that the Democrats and Never Trumpers didn't let him actually have his entire first two years to run things due to the Muller investigation. The owe him that and I can see we the people demand he is given a make-up for that phony investigation time lost.

Horse manure.  Trump didn't get things done because he was too busy tweeting , golfing and pulling karp like this. 

And BTW welcome !

Offline Night Hides Not

Why not? He has made the case before that the Democrats and Never Trumpers didn't let him actually have his entire first two years to run things due to the Muller investigation. The owe him that and I can see we the people demand he is given a make-up for that phony investigation time lost.

I find your comment perplexing considering your handle. Dagny moves heaven and earth to get things done, and I don’t think she would give Trump a pass on his ineffectiveness on border security.

Trump is uncomfortably closer to Mr. Thompson than to the titans of Atlas Shrugged.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Horse manure.  Trump didn't get things done because he was too busy tweeting , golfing and pulling karp like this. 

And BTW welcome !

My opinion of a golf-playing President aligns with Calvin Coolidge.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Cyber Liberty

Have they got him Now...yet?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Absalom

Observations/opinions after some 2 years of Trump:
* He is aging poorly as his weight gain affirms.
* He cannot judge character as his nominees attest.
* He is humorless, substituting infantile grins/smirks.
* He is bewildered by any disagreement or resistance.
* He is becoming ever more bored, as POTUS, every day.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Have they got him Now...yet?

Every day in every way...
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

Observations/opinions after some 2 years of Trump:
* He is becoming ever more bored, as POTUS, every day.

Well, if he's that bored, why is he running for a second term?   

I think he likes being the center of attention surrounded by adoring fans and he does things like this to keep those fans entertained. That may be the motivation behind becoming president and wanting another 4 years.    To him the presidency is just for show.  More reality tv -- a medium for which he was famous.

But he never really had any interest in actually serving as president -- performing the duties inherent to that position and keeping his campaign promises.  He  doesn't give a flying fig  about you, me or the rest of the country.  He just wants to be famous. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

I think he likes being the center of attention surrounded by adoring fans and he does things like this to keep those fans entertained. That may be the motivation behind becoming president and wanting another 4 years.    To him the presidency is just for show.  More reality tv -- a medium for which he was famous.

But he never really had any interest in actually serving as president -- performing the duties inherent to that position and keeping his campaign promises.  He  doesn't give a flying fig  about you, me or the rest of the country.  He just wants to be famous.
To answer the question... probably because he's expected to do it. LBJ was the only President in the term-limit era to walk away with eligibility still left... and he left in disgrace AND had already served part of a term before being elected to his first. So to not run for election again would be a major embarrassment, something he never likes to experience. The man's a narcissist.

Offline libertybele

With all that being stated, why then did he run??  I have come up with several scenarios;

He saw a huge hole in the GOP with a bunch of disgruntled voters with the establishment and the issue of illegal immigration and the wall, and saw an opportunity to make a whole lot of money. He jumped into the race and gave it his all, never really expecting to win, but one he won the nomination it became serious business to him.

With liberal ties, especially to the Clintons, he was merely inserted into the race to take out Bush who was hailed as her biggest rivalry and conservative Cruz, paving the way for his friend Hillary.  Once he won the nomination and realized his popularity, he wasn't about to hand things over to Hillary.  In her eyes and in the eyes of her supporters, he stole the election from her.  He in return has protected her and helped to cover up her corruption.

Incidentally, he has announced he is running for re-election.  If he truly had no interest, I think he would have announced he wouldn't be seeking a 2nd term.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, he is a narcissist.  Not exactly a disqualifier.

And, I don't know how anyone has determined he's "bored".  I don't see any evidence for that, but then I can't read minds.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Yes, he is a narcissist.  Not exactly a disqualifier.

And, I don't know how anyone has determined he's "bored".  I don't see any evidence for that, but then I can't read minds.

No, I don't exactly see Trump as bored.  Frustrated perhaps, but not bored.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

Because he hopes that SDNY will abide by the Justice Department guidelines that you can't indict a sitting president.  :shrug:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline libertybele

Because he hopes that SDNY will abide by the Justice Department guidelines that you can't indict a sitting president.  :shrug:

Indict him for what??

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

You are right.  It came from Jerry Falwell first and then Trump agreed.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/442222-trump-retweets-jerry-falwell-jr-suggesting-his-term-should-be-extended
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
SDNY is subservient to the DOJ which is subservient to... the President. No executive department can prosecute the office above them. Even the Mueller report admitted this.

Offline LegalAmerican

Some Trump supporters are SAYING THAT.....NOT PRESIDENT TRUMP.  I never played this game, but as a kid you all were to sit in a circle, whisper something in the next persons ear...they in turn whispered in the next persons ear...all the way around.  By the time it got to the original WHISPERER....it could have been totally changed !  THAT...is what media does! 

Offline LegalAmerican

:facepalm2:

If that were possible, Trump would have never had the opportunity to make it to office because Obama's sycophants, still far too numerous, would have demanded he stay. So no, it doesn't matter if the people demand it because we have a flipping Constitution and it's about high time we start electing leaders that HONOR SAID CONSTITUTION.

Well, it isn't ANY DEMON-RAT.....that will honor the constitution!  President TRUMP has been following it to the T.

SOME OF HIS SUPPORTERS....having been saying that...a lot!   I say after his 8 years are up....he will be happy to leave public office.  They also are saying, Don Trump Jr. & Ivanka...in 2024.  I think the TRUMP family has had its fill of corrupt DC...and THE LEFT!  I would not mind, patriots go with pitchforks to DC and physically removed all DEMON-RATS from office.  That...or we have no America anymore. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Well, it isn't ANY DEMON-RAT.....that will honor the constitution!  President TRUMP has been following it to the T.

SOME OF HIS SUPPORTERS....having been saying that...a lot!   I say after his 8 years are up....he will be happy to leave public office.  They also are saying, Don Trump Jr. & Ivanka...in 2024.  I think the TRUMP family has had its fill of corrupt DC...and THE LEFT!  I would not mind, patriots go with pitchforks to DC and physically removed all DEMON-RATS from office.  That...or we have no America anymore.

Trump Jr. and Ivanka?  What a monopoly. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.