Author Topic: Fox, CNN, C-SPAN barred from live coverage of South Carolina 2020 convention  (Read 914 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
WOW.  The Rats have totally lost their minds. 

by Paul Bedard
 | June 18, 2019 01:36 PM
In a first, only one TV outlet — MSNBC — will be allowed to deliver live coverage of Saturday’s South Carolina Democratic Convention where 21 presidential candidates are expected to speak, drawing heated complaints from other networks.

C-SPAN, which has never been denied live coverage of a state convention in the network’s 40 years, has reluctantly pulled out of the convention and other weekend events sponsored by the party. CNN has filed a complaint. Fox will also be barred from providing live coverage to its viewers.

The decision by the South Carolina Democratic Party was a surprise to the outlets and came just yesterday, long after all three had begun to ready for live coverage of the nine-hour event, one of the biggest on the Democratic presidential calendar so far.

In an email to the media, the party announced that MSNBC had the exclusive rights to cover the event live. It did not explain why.

“IMPORTANT: MSNBC has exclusive rights to broadcast the 2019 South Carolina Democratic Convention. Any footage of the convention taken by other outlets may not be aired live, and is EMBARGOED FOR THREE HOURS after the close of the convention. This embargo includes any live-streaming from social media platforms,” said the note from the party press office.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/fox-cnn-c-span-barred-from-live-coverage-of-sc-2020-convention
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bizarre. I wonder how much money MSNBC had to 'donate' to somebody to get this? It smells fishy.
CNN? CSPAN? What the hell? CSPAN has never been barred from broadcasting anything before this.
Something is going on. This is too weird...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
CNN being banned from live coverage of the DNC convention? That's like telling Archie he can't swap spit with Jughead anymore.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Hahaha, I guess that they don't want very many people to see what goes on there....

Offline berdie

Hahaha, I guess that they don't want very many people to see what goes on there....

That is the reason in a nutshell.  I watched one of their conventions a few years ago...where they denied God.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

That is the reason in a nutshell.  I watched one of their conventions a few years ago...where they denied God.

Three times within the course of a very few minutes IIRC.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

My recollection as well. It was disgusting.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

My recollection as well. It was disgusting.

Enough so that I need not see anything further from them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
And then a cock crowed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

Did God show up to prove them wrong?

If not,why not?  No stones?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They're not going to be able to shut it down now.  Too much news on FB, Twitter, Youtube, etc.  Hoist by their own petards.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They're not going to be able to shut it down now.  Too much news on FB, Twitter, Youtube, etc.  Hoist by their own petards.

@Sanguine

Tell me,has not the first move every dictator in history made been to seize control over all news and make it illegal for anyone else to operate a news service?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Tell me,has not the first move every dictator in history made been to seize control over all news and make it illegal for anyone else to operate a news service?

Yes, but it may not be as easy to control now.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Did God show up to prove them wrong?

If not,why not?  No stones?

I'm pretty sure He noticed if I did.

- J. R. R. Tolkien