Author Topic: Like good scouts, we should 'be prepared'  (Read 256 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Like good scouts, we should 'be prepared'
« on: June 16, 2019, 01:04:46 pm »
The Virginia Gazette by Reed Johnson 6/14/2019

In the third part of “Scouting for Boys,” Robert Baden-Powell explains the meaning of the scouting motto, “Be prepared.” It means you are always in a state of readiness in mind and body to do your duty.

The question becomes, what is your duty? I think about police officers, military personnel, Congress, the president each having made personal decisions to uphold a commitment to their fellow man. The Virginia Beach shooting is a reminder as to why the Second Amendment is so crucial to this idea of being prepared.

The Bible is full of stories concerning wolves and sheep. I choose to "Be Prepared." I accept the path of the sheepdog. Each person who reads this has decided to be a wolf, a sheep or a sheepdog. Then there are those such as DeWayne Craddock who apparently chose to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing Second Amendment proponents are committed to being prepared for. Police, our golden sheepdogs, cannot be everywhere. But sheepdogs, we are the ones who prepare to fill the role of backup, the last chance when all else fails.

More: https://www.vagazette.com/opinion/va-vg-edit-letters-johnson-0615-story.html